Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2012/2013 Oval season Saturday October 20th.​
Weekly Racing Saturday Evenings heats starting at 7pm, Track open for practice at 5pm.

Classes: COT, Tour Stock, Legends and Stock SC Oval

Race Registration $12.00 1st Class $5.00 Each additional

I'm working on trophy race schedule also..so keep checking back here to stay informed.

Trophy Race Schedule:
December 9th Northeeast Oval Masters

January 13th "2013 TRAXXAS Mini-cup oval racing series Presented by NESCRA"

April 14th Equalizer

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
2012/2013 Oval season Saturday October 20th.​
Weekly Racing Saturday Evenings heats starting at 7pm, Track open for practice at 4pm.

Classes: COT, Tour Stock, Legends and Stock SC Oval

Weekly race registration COT and Tour Stock $15.00, Legends $10.00 Stock SC Oval $10.00
additional class $5.00 Kids under 12 years old Free

I'm working on trophy race schedule also..so keep checking back here to stay informed.
If I run legends and cot is that $10 plus $5 to run cot:confused:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We need to introduce new people to our hobby/Sport. I remember starting in a sportsman class way back in the day (in the 80's haha). Brian has been building and selling COT cars to new comers and whom ever else would like to start oval racing without the stress of being overwhelmed on the track with experienced racers.

I would like to Add and new Class, Sportsman COT for new comers so they build there ability on the track...Please give me your thoughts

·
Registered
232 Posts
We need to introduce new people to our hobby/Sport. I remember starting in a sportsman class way back in the day (in the 80's haha). Brian has been building and selling COT cars to new comers and whom ever else would like to start oval racing without the stress of being overwhelmed on the track with experienced racers.

I would like to Add and new Class, Sportsman COT for new comers so they build there ability on the track...Please give me your thoughts
Good idea but will it be the same COT cars as now just a different group of racers or different motors or tires or gear rule.. Breakout??? The newer racers will need to be reminded to ask questions of the more experienced racers to help them get to a point where they can do chassis setups, rollouts etc on their own.
I don't think I will be racing until late November or December so Ill probably be back to Rookie status and need this class!!!! Once I get back I plan to get the young man I let try my Legend car once last year to race. I think he would do good in this class. Maybe we all need to "Adopt a Racer" even if its with an old car we just have lying around...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good idea but will it be the same COT cars as now just a different group of racers or different motors or tires or gear rule.. Breakout??? The newer racers will need to be reminded to ask questions of the more experienced racers to help them get to a point where they can do chassis setups, rollouts etc on their own.
I don't think I will be racing until late November or December so Ill probably be back to Rookie status and need this class!!!! Once I get back I plan to get the young man I let try my Legend car once last year to race. I think he would do good in this class. Maybe we all need to "Adopt a Racer" even if its with an old car we just have lying around...
Hope all is well Bill, I like the Adopt a Racer plan....Anyone that brings a friend that's brandy new to the track and has a car ready for them to run that night will both get free racing that night! So go and make a friend!..haha

Same Cars/rules as the Current COT, maybe a locked roleout of 370, what do you think?

·
Registered
232 Posts
The problem with roll out is some people run fast that low just ask Lenny!!! Lap time limit no faster than a 4.3, 4.4 sec lap??? Dont know how to do it but just an idea...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The problem with roll out is some people run fast that low just ask Lenny!!! Lap time limit no faster than a 4.3, 4.4 sec lap??? Dont know how to do it but just an idea...
I can set the default minimum laptime in 1.0 second increments only so not possible to do it .1 increments..Anyways piece together a COT and make a friend. I'm working on one now..haha

1 - 20 of 377 Posts