Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know everyone is very anxious for us to get the rules posted. I've attached a one page Rules at a Glance that should answer a lot of questions but not all.

Our core classes remain mostly unchanged as far as hardware requirements but there will be a major difference at the track in Sportsman 17.5 truck and 13.5 Stock Spec. These two classes will use handout motors at our events. We're in the final stages of working out details with motor manufacturers and full details on the handout program will be published as soon as available. I've been holding off publishing the rules until we could finalize the handout program but it's taking longer than expected and I figured some information was better than none.

We realize that not everyone will be a fan of the handout motor approach. Anyone interested can read our post in the thread "The Way We See It" to see why we're taking this approach.

Here's a brief summary without opening the attachment:

17.5 Sportsman Truck
- No change except the BRL will adopt the same $250 price cap on ESC's as announced earlier today by TOUR.

17.5 Open
- No changes except the Protoform 1224-21 Intrepid and 1225-21 Charger bodies won't be allowed this season.

13.5 Stock Spec
- Same price cap on ESC's as the Truck class
- We'll stay with BSR yellow stripe tires but switch the RF to silver which may help wear on that corner. BSR will be discontinuing the Black yellow stripe. We will allow anyone who has them to use them through 12-31-2012.
- There will be a new Thunder Power spec battery (we'll announce the specifics soon). The previous 5400 battery may be used for this season but will not be allowed next season.
- This will be the last season for the winged COT body

13.5 Open
- No changes except the Protoform 1224-21 Intrepid and 1225-21 Charger bodies won't be allowed this season.

13.5 12th Scale
- This will become a blinky class with the same ESC price cap.

We will also adopt the same policy on overcharged batteries as TOUR. If you present your car to tech and the battery voltage is over 4.220 volts you will have to discharge your battery to 4.200 volts in order to pass tech. This approach is intended to address the issue of voltage creep or bounce on a battery quickly discharged to meet the tech limit.

In addition to these classes we are planning to run some "exhibition", non-points classes at selected events. More on that soon.

Attachments

·
Factory Trinity "A" Team
735 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can the hand out motor be opened or will it be a closed spec motor?
The motors will be teched and sealed ahead of time. The point is that racers will use the motor they are handed and then turn it back in at the end of the event.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
If i could make a suggestion on the handout motor thing. Is to have a good starting roll out for the track being run at since alot of racers like myself dont have chassis dynos to use. It may help reduce chasing gears. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If i could make a suggestion on the handout motor thing. Is to have a good starting roll out for the track being run at since alot of racers like myself dont have chassis dynos to use. It may help reduce chasing gears. Just a suggestion.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,380 Posts

Ask 12 people what they are running for rollout, you'll get 12 different answers. Its not what works for someone else, its what works for you, and your car/truck.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I understand that it may help some get into the ballpark without toasting a motor, wasnt trying to make waves. Would still need car set up first etc etc.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts