Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TOUR will again be holding regional events this year, We are now talking applications from tracks from these areas to hold these REGIONAL POINT RACES. Track should be able to handle at least 100 entries. With a staff with the experience to run a race of this size. Points from these races will be used in combination with the TOUR National Championship race to Crown the 2013 Grand Champions.Last year TOUR paid out almost 1800.00 in point money to top 5 in all classes except 1/12 and 10.5. Where the top 3 were paid. Prize money is based on entries to a class. This year we are working to get some class sponsors for each class to also add to the prize money. As intrest keeps growing we hope to have payouts to the top 10 and more in the future. Any track interested in holding a TOUR race can contact me at [email protected] or [email protected].

Last years Grand Champions were:
17.5 Sportsman Champion Brian Lettrich TN
13.5 Spec Champion Larry Ruby CA
17.5 Stock Bill Osborn NJ
13.5 Open Monti Panzica KY
10.5 Open Pete D'Agnolo NY
1/12 13.5 Monti Panzica KY

We would like to have about 12 or so total races where a racer can not only choose their top races to count toward the points championship, but also have several races in their area to choose from to race in.

Points will be based on top four race finishes,

Racers will be allowed to run in other regional races.

We will be following a NASCAR short track scoring program. Which starts with the last place finish and goes up to the winner. This should make it a fair points system whether you have 100 entries in a class or 8. Below is a copy from Nascar.

The new simplified point structure – introduced in 2007 – features an “inverted” point’s format, with car counts affecting the amount of points a competitor receives. Points are awarded in ascending order with the last place car receiving two points, next-to-last receiving four and then up through the field in two point increments – up to a maximum 20 cars. In addition, the race winner receives an additional five (5) bonus points. (For example, the feature winner in a 10-car field will receive 20 NASCAR points, while the feature winner in a 20-car field would receive 45.)

THE TOUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RACE WILL AWARD 1.5 TIMES THE POINTS. ( LAST PLACE WILL BE 3 POINTS INSTEAD OF 2 AND SO ON)

Tracks that have applied for a race.

New England: CT, ME, MA, NH, NY, RI, VT and Eastern Canada.
A Main's RC Raceway, Vernon, CT 3/2/13

Mid Atlantic: DE, DC, MD, NJ, and PA
Horsham RC , PA 12/1/12

Mid East: VA, WV, KY, TN, SC, and NC,
Rosewood, Goldsboro NC 12/1/12
Thunder RC Nasheville TN 2/23/13
Greeneville RC Greeneville TN 3/2/13

Southern: AL, GA, FL, LA, and MS
Thunder RC FL 1/12/13

Central: IL, IN, MI, OH, and WI
NORCAR @ The Gate, Brunswick OH 3/9/13
Rapid Competition Raceway. MI 2/16/13
Summit Raceway, Fort Wayne IN 12/8/2012
Red Mosquito R/c, Batavia, OH 12/29/12

Midwest; MO, IA, KS, OK, TX, AR, NE, CO, MN, ND, and SD
E-TEAM HOBBYPLEX , FORT COLLINS CO 10/26-28/12

West Coast: CA, NV, ID, OR, WA, AZ, UT,WY, MT, HI, AK and NM
Finish Line RC Bakersfield CA. 1/12/13

TOUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP at THUNDER RC NASHVILLE TN on 4/12-14/13

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I have no idea what that guy just said, but I have raced at both Rosewood and Greeneville and there are great drivers at both. Prob more "team" drivers at Greeneville now that G-Honey retired from RC racing. But there is no reason to say people are scared to come to NC because they are afraid they will get beat.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I have been taken out from Maine to Florida. Doesn't matter where you are from or where you travel too. To make a blaket statement like that just makes you sound bad and make people not want to travel to your home track. The oval community is so small and saying things like that just makes it smaller.

Like I said I have raced all up and down the east coast and Greeneville is a top notch track with top notch drivers. Just like Rosewood or Snowbirds, or Horsham, or The Strand etc.

If you can explain what race you are talking about maybe we can figure out what and who you are talking about from TN that is "taking" you out.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Pretty sure in other classes Greeneville racers were victims too. It happens. I hit anything and everything because my car wasn't any count until late saturday. I'm a hack, I can admit it. But I don't know of a single GRCS racer that would intentionally take someone out because they are leading. That's any regular from any manufacturer. That's an uninformed statement. Maybe accidental, but not intentional.

I witnessed an intentional takeout happen once at the Ovalmasters a couple years and it wasn't a racer from the state of TN who did the dumping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Allen had fun at the ovalmasters thxs and BIG THXS TO ALL MY BUDDYS IN TENN FOR THE FUN WE HAVE AND LETTING ME BE APART OF THE KSG TEAM :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts