Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hello friends,
Do not know if realized, but the site of Minichamps, do not show the desired minichamps64 more ...
I asked a question to the retailer responsible for sales of the models and see the answer:

"Dear Mr. Peace,

thanks for your message.

For this year has not Minichamps Announced new models in scale 1 / 64, in next year But there comes a lot of new models.

Thanks for your understanding. "

I do not believe we'll have to wait another year!
That is sad!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Unfortunately, I am more sad news given by Minichamps:

"Dear Mr. Paz,

thanks for your message.

For 2011 we have no new releases in the 1 / 64 range, But in 2012 we bring Out New models.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Let's see in 2012...

"Dear Mr. Paz,

thanks for your message.

For 2012 we have no new releases in the 1 / 64 range, But in 2013 we bring Out New models.

Yeah, can't wait till next year!

·
Registered
428 Posts
A sad reality unfortunately exists here and that is as of Feb 11 it has been nearly like 7 months without product and now with indicators we must wait another 24 - 30 on top of that means that Minichamps' 1/64 Range could be pretty well done and over as if too much time passes debt and interest alone will kill the venture as it becomes cost prohibitive if not that expect a spike in prices to the current $12.50 Road to probally $15 - $20 and $17.50 Race to probally $20 - $25.

Those are two very real probalities that one of which will definately happen but which?

Personally if they could stick to the pricepoint and detail all while guaranteeing that the models promised will be delivered upon then I will wait but not for too long as if it becomes evident that no new product is in stores by say Q4 2013 that this range is done and The Statesman Of Diecast will have effectively died. I love this range as it puts Kyosho to shame and that isn't an easy task to accompish.

·
Registered
508 Posts
"I love this range as it puts Kyosho to shame and that isn't an easy task to accompish."

Really ? 'puts Kyosho to shame' ?

I have both and I love my MC in 1/64 and in 1/43 but to say they put Kyosho to shame
- uhhhhh, nimo.

Now if you say they put most JL or GL to shame, I would agree.

It's sad to come to the realization that the line in 1/64 seems dead.
(or terminal at best) :(

Denis

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sad fact ...
Sometimes I think that there is due respect for collectors of minor scales ...
actually I think it's better than 1:87 to 1:64 (nothing on the scale !)...
It's terrible!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Denis,

1/64 itself as a sales point is not dead and will not ever die as there will always be something for someone.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I asked Felix - aka... Daboxtoys Diecast Cars from eBay and Facebook
(he just started carrying the minichamps64 line)
if he could find out what happened to the race livery Porsche release that was originally expected in late 2010.
This was his response...

"I was told that there will be 3 new sets coming later this year for 1/64s.
I am waiting for the full list and will post them here once i have it."

Whether or not he was told the truth or not remains to be seen but I'm feeling
slightly more positive about adding to my Minichamp64 collection sooner rather
than later.

Fingers and toes crossed, Denis

·
Registered
279 Posts
After the sad news given by Minichamps, this came at a good time, I think I'll save a little money for the future ... minichamps64

It is wait and hope to see!
Very good news!
Thanks!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Look!
Dear Mr. Paz,

thanks for your message.

At the moment we can not confirm new releases for the year 2011. This week we deliver the Aston Martin DBS in scale 1/64 and the rest of the scale 1/64 and new projects comes earliest in 2012

=/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello everyone!
This is Felix from Daboxtoys and I just joined this forum (thanks to Frederick).

I will meet with my Minichamps distributor today. I was told earlier that they have already placed an order for the new 1/64 releases this year. I haven't placed my order yet as they have yet to provide detailed info (pricing and model names) but I will ask them again and hope to get more concrete information this time. I was also told their prices have gone up slightly versus the previous releases.

Once I have more info i will update it here and in our Facebook page (search "daboxtoys" in facebook)

Nice meeting everyone here!
Felix
Daboxtoys Diecast Models

·
Registered
20 Posts
Arnes & 69Stang, thanks and great to meet you here!

As mentioned, I visited my Minichamps distributor yesterday and they told me they have already placed the order for the new 1/64 release earlier this year (so it was recent) but Minichamps HQ didn't say when the release will be. I am not sure why HQ would ask them to place order if they weren't planning to release them so I guess there is still hope.

On a good note, the Aston Martin DBS is confirmed to arrive sometime in April and I have already placed a good size order for them as they should be well received.

And I was fortunate to be able to pick up a few more Bentley GTC and Porsche GT3 RS as these are becoming quite hard to find in the market.

That's all for now and I will post updates once I have them :)

Felix
Daboxtoys Diecast Models
http://www.facebook.com/daboxtoys

21 - 40 of 57 Posts