Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Franco and I am from Chile. I have this Enzo Ferrari I got from the supermarket all the way back in 2011. I was looking information of my hot wheels and I noticed that this Enzo Ferrari I own has red tinted windows, I checked the hot wheels wiki and collecthw .com for reference, and it says the car was sold with clear windows.

I'm not an active hot wheels collector right now, this car is one of the last I got in my childhood, so Idk about customs, prices or anything.

I kept the car in a box all this years and barely play with it, it has a few dents in the paint because It fell from my hand one time.

Any information about this, is it really rare? I would gladly appreciate any info. Thanks.
Motor vehicle Toy Automotive design Auto part Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

Vehicle Toy Hood Automotive lighting Car

·
Administrator
45,153 Posts
That is an interesting casting!

I am not aware of another Enzo casting that was issued with a red tinted window piece and the rivets do look to still be intact as well.

Can you see any of the window piece thru the wheel wells? And if you can - does it also look as uniformly red tinted? Or are the hidden parts of it still clear?

It looks to uniform to have been done with a clear coat paint or a marker.

The only possibility I can think of is that is was inked or dyed. But a dye would have also changed the paint color and tampoprints as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this might look suspicious but I've been the only owner and I never opened a car in my life or even write on them with a marker as a kid. Especially with Ferrari which I always loved.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Camera accessory Bicycle part Auto part Machine Font

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
45,153 Posts
Sorry, I didnt mean for it to sound like you did anything. Only what possibilities could have made it red.

It will be hard to verify but maybe it is a test car that managed to be put back into production (?). I will ask the Ferrari collectors at our show coming up this Saturday if they have seen (or heard) of one before.

In your new photos I am seeing some blue on the rear rivet, in the wheel reflections and in the chip on the left front fender. Are you wearing a blue shirt by chance? The blue on the rivet would not be a reflection though. And the blue in the paint chip is really odd. The body isnt blue in the other paint chips. Is that just a light reflection too or has it always been blue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes!! I didn't notice before, it is blue. (I'm wearing black and all my room is white)

I noticed little chips in the left rear, and they are blue too. I felt it with my nail and the blue part is under the yellow paint, so its not something sticked over it. It seems to have blue all under the left side(???)
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Hood Automotive design

Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Hood

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Administrator
45,153 Posts
I spoke with 3 collectors today but not the Kales. I will follow up with them on June 4th. None of the 3 I spoke with have one in their collections and all 3 have never heard or seen one that they can remember with a red tinted window.

I did though find this image at Fandom. The window is not as 'red' as in your photos to me, but it is definitely not clear or smoke tinted. I would say it is an undocumented variation as well.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Toy

Reactions: samace22
1 - 12 of 12 Posts