Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that the fire truck was being dropped because of licensing issues. a international CXT fire truck will replace. sad news guys.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Is that the one that is so out of scale that it looks ridiculous compared to the rest of the line-up? If so, then that is not so bad news to me. And I like the way the real International CXT looks. if it looks right in the 1/64 line-up, I'm good.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I think the larger fire engine and pumpers should be in the Real Working Rigs lineup. The larger scale allows for better detail even though it's still smaller than 1/64. It's better than scaling them to fit them in the 1/64 packaging. Maybe there should be a line similar to the Super Convoys for non-tractor/trailer rigs. How about "Super Real Working Rigs"?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea I agree it should be in the real working rigs catagory. this pierce fire truck that they have in the 2009 line up now sould be in that also.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
The fire engines do still look good in 1/64, but to look right with the rest of your collection, shouldn't it also be 1/64 or at least close to that? Just my opinion. They look silly displayed next to the fire and police cars.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
The fire engines do still look good in 1/64, but to look right with the rest of your collection, shouldn't it also be 1/64 or at least close to that? Just my opinion. They look silly displayed next to the fire and police cars.
I agree. Even the MBX truck series measures out to more or less HO scale. The regular series fire trucks are, IMO, in this category. I have purchased older Road Champs, Code 3 and Corgi fire equipment which I think is much more proportionate to MBX or HW "1/64".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts