Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost hate to bring this up, because you can never get a concensus on anything visual....we all know beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I do like the attempt (feeble as it is) to give the cars more brand identity, but if you look at the photo in the link below, you can't tell me that Dodge and Ford are not going to complain about aerodynamics compared to the Chevy and Toyota. The nose on the Dodge and Ford is a brick compared to the Chevy and Toyota. That brings us right back where we were in the early 90s with the car owners wining about aerodynamics between brands, which you don't hear at all anymore with the Cup COT cars.

http://www.nascar.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2009/bg/0910/gallery.new.car.nationwide.series/

Nice thought....not very practical in today's hight tech world.

Gary McAllister

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Yeah, but dodge look's cool....LOL... thought chevy was going to use there camaro? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
let them change manufactures then........I like the new car....and thank god they are getting away from that ugly rear wing

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
TOUGH!!!

If Ford is not making as good of an aero package as Chevy, then Ford better go back to the drawing board.

I HATE political correctness. You know what? Somethings are just better than others.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Basically what it comes down to here is everyone started with a clean piece of paper. Every team and manufacturer has the same access to highly trained design engineers, and wind tunnels. If someone comes out after the first race and cries about the aero package they have, who's fault is it? They all know the numbers before they even take the car to the track.

Even now with the Cup COT's, chevy is the dominanat car this year... why is that? They certainly have no aero advantage. Why hasn't NASCAR stepped in to even the playing field like they did last year after Toyota cleaned house all year... You can't tell me Kyle Busch forgot how to drive a cup car over the winter, yet dominates the Trucks (when he's in one) and the Nationswide series.

Unfortunately the desire to create a level playing field is just not feasable... Let the teams and the engineers do their jobs, and if someone can't keep up, they better get to work and make what they have better... Better yet, maybe NASCAR should do what every other kids sport does... give them a trophy for participating so everyone can feel good about themselves.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Basically what it comes down to here is everyone started with a clean piece of paper. Every team and manufacturer has the same access to highly trained design engineers, and wind tunnels. If someone comes out after the first race and cries about the aero package they have, who's fault is it? They all know the numbers before they even take the car to the track.

Even now with the Cup COT's, chevy is the dominanat car this year... why is that? They certainly have no aero advantage. Why hasn't NASCAR stepped in to even the playing field like they did last year after Toyota cleaned house all year... You can't tell me Kyle Busch forgot how to drive a cup car over the winter, yet dominates the Trucks (when he's in one) and the Nationswide series.

Unfortunately the desire to create a level playing field is just not feasable... Let the teams and the engineers do their jobs, and if someone can't keep up, they better get to work and make what they have better... Better yet, maybe NASCAR should do what every other kids sport does... give them a trophy for participating so everyone can feel good about themselves.
aman let the teams have there cars back and let the best man( team ) win racing be fast or be last

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
To Bad Boylan Doesn't Run The Snowbirds Like Nascar.. If He Did I Could Show Up 3 Laps Off The Pace And Let Boylan Make Decisions For The Class To Equal It Back Out..

Nascar Should Be Just Like Rc Cars If Your Off The Pace Bust Your @$$ And Figure It Out Or Stay 3 Laps Off The Pace Its That Easy.... Plus I Think It Would Be Alot Better To Watch... Right Now I Really Only Watch The Last 20-50 Laps Depending On Track Size....

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Looking at the four noses DODGE and Ford appear to be at a disadvantage already.

I agree with DOUGHBOY after watching the last 5 laps of yesterdays mess. Get rid of the restrictor plates and let the engineers do their job!
If NASCAR wants spec cars then let NASCAR build them and then teams just buy all the chassis and bodies from them at one shop premounted to the rule book.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Might as well bring back the IROC cars. Pretty much what they're running now! :rolleyes:
My thoughts exactly Andy, IROC series all over again. I really don't mind the COT car at all, I just wish they would open up the rules package and aero package a bit more to give teams some room to find an edge.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
The sad part is the Dodge and Ford don't even come close to looking like the street version while the Camry and Impala do...

How long before we get a Fiat re-badged as a Dodge?

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Nascar Should Be Just Like Rc Cars If Your Off The Pace Bust Your @$$ And Figure It Out Or Stay 3 Laps Off The Pace Its That Easy....
LOL...then Michael Waltrip, Bobby Labonte, etc. would start their own Sprint Cup classes and there would be 10 cars in 4 classes!

How about Sprint Cup S/K? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
..I really don't mind the COT car at all, I just wish they would open up the rules package and aero package a bit more to give teams some room to find an edge.

The best teams will always find an edge.
As they do now.
It's hard, sure.
But why should it be easy?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts