Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
You know how i like to get our schedule worked out and posted before the end of the year, so now is the time to give me your ideas and preferences on tracks to run next season. How many races, and how many throw outs, and which tracks do you want to run????? I always like for you racers to give me feedback on what you want to do, since this is YOUR series........ let me hear from you. Post your ideas here, or e-mail me through the GASCAR website, or at [email protected]. Thanks for your continued support in GASCAR. I am looking for an even better and more competitive season in 2010.

Tim Smith

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Lagoon Park
Carolina R/C Complex
Maybe the "Wood" the new track in S.C.

Look into the concrete track in Indy and the Rt. 281 track in Pa. Those are LONG HAULS and may only warrant one visit races instead of the usual 2 visit per track.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you give me a contact for the Rt. 281 track in PA?

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
I did some mapping and the Indy track is 7.5 hrs from us but 11+ from the Carolina guys.

I will look into the Pa. track.

The Pa. track is 12hrs from us and close to 8 from the Carolinas.

That is a HAUL!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, I like keeping drive time to 6 hours +- if possible. Maybe a big race or Nats would make a 12 hour trip worthwhile. The point is....... would those guys travel down south more than once?? To get nitro oval moving and get new blood, we might have to consider making longer trips. If we can expand our racer base, then it would be more practical to travel those distances. We did travel to Calans, VA in 2005...... that was a haul for us. i am not opposed to it, but if we drive there, they should be willing to drive here. The question is.....how bad do you want to race?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We need some input from the Carolina racers on this.......... I need to know what you guys are thinking and are willing to do. Let me know, okay?

Tim

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey Giys I have raced at the new Oval at the Marion Co,fairgrounds In indianapolis on the southeast side,This oval has a 600 ft run line up High and Over 400 ft run Line down low,We have run pan cars With Brushless Motors and they do great,you can see the track at www.rcarassociation.org. Just a suggestion guys.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Thanks Scott...Tim(GASCAR)and I have been talking about a possible 2010 date.The dialog will continue with more detail as soon as we can get Floyd involved.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I haven't seen it in person, but from what I know about it the new Rosewood track in Goldsboro, NC would be a good addition. It would be 4-5 hours for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Trust me this one is better than the 9 race schedule i got brewed up. You have been on easy street to long. No one has traveled more than myself by far. I love to race but not at the same tracks 3 or 4 times a year. I am sure we will talk more about it at the upcoming race so I will shut up and let yall figure it out.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Put that 9 race shedule up here big boy and let's see it.

I will admit I am a little bored with the same ol-same ol. Just not sure if I am bred enough to drive some 12hrs to race. Now if it were combined with a National type event, then I could get into that.

Oh and you shut up, what you going shy on us all of a sudden?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Maybe if we thought of a way to make the races bigger and more appealing. But, we cant do that without increasing our racer base. You can't have a nationals every month, but we can think about this. GASCAR has always invited the 1/10 electric and 1/4 scale crowd at each of our races. But, we can't have that nasty ole sticky fuel all over the track for the electric guys.........LOL. I am not opposed to having the electric boys race as part of the GASCAR program....... but we would need an electric representative to monitor the tech end of the electrics. I don't know nothing bout racing no lectrics.......

A bigger race with a combined nitro, electric and 1/4 scale program might bring in enough racers at each race, to make the longer travel worth while. We might even come up with a way to make the electrics run longer enduro type races with a battery pit stop. Staying with the GASCAR format. I am open to suggestions from the electric guys...........

Tim

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
I wasn't intending for every race to be a National type event. Although it would be cool.

I meant that for the long haul race, say in Indy or Pa., combine that or run in conjuntion with a big race (i.e. National) at that venue so it make the long drive more appealing.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Oh you don't want to know it. I get tired of 8.5hrs in two months. Think you got it easy. It still hasn't even out yet on time wise.

·
Registered
736 Posts
we have ran the 09's at rosewood a couple of times, the do fine. i practiced the .15 once w/ easley set up. it needs some tweaking for sure, but would be fun. they are still working on infield, but should be done for next season easily.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I understand what you meant, Scott. I was just throwing out an idea, that even though we cant have a Nationals type event every month.........we could try to promote it that way, or by inviting more classes, ie, the electrics....... That would take some work, but it is a thought.........

1 - 20 of 46 Posts