Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
This is based on the Australian Holden car. Poncho brand had shown concept images of this but it never became a 1/1 concept car. Would be cool if the Bowtie brand made this but that's a long shot at best now.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ahhh. maybe in real life...lol this is one by pontiac.
whats to say it cant live in 1/64th scale. the real 1:1 died no big deal. bring it to life in 1/64th

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no problem bob. more the merrier. im looking at mb el camino and a pontiac front end. and change the rear up. to a possiable chevy truck tail light section.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I saw a couple of Pontiac G8's roll by in the last couple of weeks. They sound real mean and look great. Too bad GM doesn't have the brains to rebadge this Holden Hot Rod into a Bowtie. You'd think that since the tooling and R&D is all done they would take advantage of it :confused: I guess mediocrity wins again.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Now if the Camaro was cut down into a UTE...... I'd be all over that! lol

Man, those G8 GTs are a blast to drive. I used to do initial inspections on them at the dealership. They are just like a four door GTO. The G8 is not completely being scrapped. may of the parts are borrowed and the G8 does share a chassis with the '10 Camaro. No real loss of tooling or R&D, just some bumper covers and a few body panels.

Speaking of Pontiacs that are a blast to drive, If you guys ever get the chance to drive a Grand Prix GXP jump on it. it is essentially just a Grand Prix but Pontiac stuffed the good ol 5.3L V-8 with a little over 300 hp in it and kept it front drive. Torque steer? YES, but manageable, I've driven imports that were worse with way smaller engines. All in all, way fun and even better when you turn the trac control off, lol

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
so since pontiac is dead and chevy will be coming out with the new Caprice (based on G8)... will we see a Caprice Pickup?

·
Livin in an Altered State
702 Posts
They made one in 1999 based on the Holden Maloo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts