Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about AutoFest 2010!

The new date is March 19th-21st, 2010.

Break out of that long cold cabin fever, dust that show car off and help kick spring into gear! This will be the Coachmen Cavalcade of Wheels 50th Anneversary and Fest's 10th so we look to be making this our biggest and best show ever. If you enjoyed the Century Center format wait until we take over the entire building! That's right, every floor, every room, every area will be chock full of Auto-Fest activities in every scale.

We took good notes from August, we'll fix the bad and make the good better so don't miss out. We are working on some VERY special casting ideas to celebrate both birthdays. Official plans and arrangements will be posted soon so keep your eyes open and your tax filings ready!:thumbsup:

The AutoFest team

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
.......OK now I have to count my change for two AutoFests! One...two...three...four..What did you say gerald? Oh crap...One...two...three...four...

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.......OK now I have to count my change for two AutoFests! One...two...three...four..What did you say gerald? Oh crap...One...two...three...four...
This year you'll be there for Bingo, I need someone to steal from.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hi Gerald,
AutoFest 2009 was my first time to participate in your Event.
So,
Are there now 2 of these each year or will March 2010 be the new schedule for the annual Event??

I'd like to participate in the ADDWC Charity again.

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I want to make my first show can you email me all the info anybody!!? please im excited and new. [email protected]
Just wanted to let you know...if you haven't recieved an email with info,it's not that people are ignoring you. There is no info to email.
The show is 2 months away and this thread is all the info we have.
So check back here or check the AutoFest website.

http://www.theautofest.com/

:(

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
This Just in From Mark Hosaflook himself!

We will have at least two cars made for the show donated by Afdent with complete pad prints. These will go towards PSR and Crunch racing along with trophies. One is a Mustang, the other a Camaro. Our hotel is still going to be the Comfort Suites. The block is reserved as always. Same rate but we will not have a dinner this year so set-up starts Friday morning and there really is no need for Thursday night reservations. Coachmen is planning a 50th Anniversary Dinner and there may be a Dinner Car but that is still up in the air.

This is by NO means a smaller show as we have the entire building this time and not just 2/3rds of the first floor. We have the Hooters Calendar Girls scheduled, Cooter from the Dukes of Hazard and the General Lee and cash awards for over 200 first class show cars. The local remote control club will be running cars along with corporate sponsors and their activities.

The hotel contract is set up again at the Comfort Suites. Same price as always!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
So our dinner is being forgone for their dinner? Will there be any manufacturer presentations at their dinner? How much will their dinner cost?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
It has not been the same scence the ORIGINAL LIGHTNING FEST from the days when it was PLAYING MANTIS!!!(THE REAL JOHNNY LIGHTNINGS!!!)

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Just my opinion but it appears this is turning into the CoachmanFest not the Autofest we all new and loved :cry:
My thoughts exactly, I've never had a problem with bigger and better but when it no longer resembles what made it fun for me...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It's sad that Autofest is turning into what it is. Everyone always looked forward to it every year and now it is falling apart. :cry::cry:

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
If I may here, I feel that the addition of Coachmen is an asset. With the diecast market tight as a drum and the manufactures working hard to stay in business, it is very difficult to put AutoFest on as a pure diecast show.

Johnny Lightning, Greenlight, M2, and any other manufacturer are working hard to stay afloat and cannot make short runs (For a net loss) just to make us happy about attending a diecast event. If times were better there might be that opportunity. Now it just cannot be done.

Mark tried to throw out some castings for us as collectors and we did not purchase enough to make it float. I know the price was steep, but that is what it is going to take to get the production going on the collectable pieces that we want.

Face it times are tough and Manufactures care about us but cannot afford our little wants and desires at this time. Hopefully times will change and we will see diecast companies again willing to sponsor our Fest at a greater level.

Mark Hosaflook is trying to keep things going and expand the show as best as he can. We have always had a 1:1 car show and if expanding that side keeps the show alive and gets us a few castings I say go for it! Something is always better nothing, and AutoFest is way better than nothing.

I will be at AutoFest and I will miss all of my friends that cannot make it this year. I know that they will still be here online, and I can still talk little toy cars with them during AutoFest and after. In the future when the economy improves, AutoFest returns to a more Familiar format, and returns to the end of summer timing things will be great. Until then I’m going to accept AutoFest as it is.

Thank You and I'll step down off of my soap box now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts