Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read this carefully, you have to buy all nine cars, not just a set of three. Thanks

This year is our tenth show and the Cavalcade of Wheels' 50th show so we are doing special items to celebrate. Since we always look to be cutting edge, we have been working with GreenLight to do something VERY special and unique. We started a thread to see if there was interest in the special Chevy C-10 truck campers and based on the response we decided to take it a step further. This is what we came up with. We need to sell 100 sets of each variation (3) to cover costs. This is the following break down.

The first has a truck bed cover, the second has the small camper inserted and the third has the pictured UTH special camper. Each variation would be sold in sets of three. You would get an "opener" and then a matching set of the truck and a matching number green tire, green base green rim casting. Each set of three cars would be 60.00 and we would need to sell 100 sets of each variation. This would leave us with enough castings to use as the event cars just as we did for this years Mustang. All the trucks would come factory boxed and the large camper would be in a jewel box. In other words.............

AutoFest Set A - Black & Gold Chevy C-10 with truck bed cover (TBC), numbered 1-100
Black & Gold Chevy C-10 (TBC) with green tires,rims, base and matching number with above car
Random numbered Black & Gold Chevy C-10 (TBC) as "opener"

AutoFest Set B - Black & Gold Chevy C-10 with small camper (SC), numbered 1-100
Black & Gold Chevy C-10 (SC) with green tires, rims, base and matching number with above car
Random numbered Black & Gold Chevy C-10 (SC) as "opener"

AutoFest Set C - Black & Gold Chevy C-10 with exclusive large camper (ELC), numbered 1-100
Black & Gold Chevy C-10 (ELC) with green tires, rims, base and matching above car
Random numbered Black & Gold Chevy C-10 (ELC) as "opener"

Each set of three is 60.00 plus shipping. Need to buy all three sets (180.00 plus shipping) This is for a total of 9 cars (3 with green attributes). Each sub set serial numbers will match but each set's numbers will be random. For example you may get.................

Set A #34 for the (TBC) truck
#34 for the (TBC) truck with green tires,rims,base
random number (TBC) truck opener

Set B #98 for the (SC) truck
#98 for the (SC) truck with green tires, rims, base
random number (SC) opener

Set C #12 for the (ELC) truck
#12 for the ELC truck with green tires,rims, base
random number (ELC) opener

You may order as many complete sets as you want, there is NO limit but you can't break up the sets or just purchase set A,B, or C. Sorry but this is the only way we could get this done.

If we can't sell a total of 100 complete sets we will NOT be able to do this casting in any capacity so it's kind of all or nothing and if you reserve, we need for you to step up when payment is due (180.00 plus shipping for the three sets, 9 cars total)

Many thanks

The AutoFest Team

Please send reservations to [email protected]
and Include Name and E-mail address

Pictures to follow - Gerald

·
Registered
365 Posts
As an avide GL collector I would be in for the deal. Although on the expensive side I would like to see the package offered with ALL MATCHING serial numbers - this would make it a little easier to swallow. :((IMOP as usual)

Also since one would have to buy all 6 vehicles, instead of refering to them as Set A,B,C why not just say the BUNDLE of 9 cars :confused:(see above)

Also - maybe a 1/2 down and balance later may help with the wallets:)

·
Registered
477 Posts
From admin at GL:

"Here's a sneak peek at an upcoming UTH Exclusive truck - a 1:64 1970 Chevy C-10 with camper top. We have no other plans at the current time to release this truck with camper top anywhere else. It will only be available here on UTH. Only 1,008 units are being produced."

This refers to the big, full size camper and not the little shell job. Did they change their minds and decide to produce more than the original ammount? Sorry, but I sure hope not.

Jon

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is too rich for me when you figure they are $20.00 a car. I would be willing to go in with someone. I don't care about numbers nor do I hunt for chase cars. I open everything so I am not concerned which I get so if someone out there would like to share costs let me know. Perhaps we can work out a deal and make a reservation.

·
Registered
365 Posts
From admin at GL:

"Here's a sneak peek at an upcoming UTH Exclusive truck - a 1:64 1970 Chevy C-10 with camper top. We have no other plans at the current time to release this truck with camper top anywhere else. It will only be available here on UTH. Only 1,008 units are being produced."

This refers to the big, full size camper and not the little shell job. Did they change their minds and decide to produce more than the original ammount? Sorry, but I sure hope not.

Jon
Jon,

I would assume (bad idea) that was in reference to a standard release due to cost. With promos the consumer pays the increase in the casting cost along with the smaller production numbers.

Mike

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
In, In, In.....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to remind people, you have to buy ALL 9 cars or none, if we don't get the 100 orders then we will have to rethink the plan.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From admin at GL:

Jon
If we get enough order, yes they will produce more of the campers. If believe I said something in the past that nothing is set in stone. You will see these campers in the future.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I couldn't afford the last set of pace cars. I think around $70. Now these at $180!!!!! This hobby has become to rich for me. $55+ for 1 for dinner. I doubt I'll even show up next time for fest. :cry:

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
I couldn't afford the last set of pace cars. I think around $70. Now these at $180!!!!! This hobby has become to rich for me. $55+ for 1 for dinner. I doubt I'll even show up next time for fest. :cry:
It is getting more expensive every year. I really miss the days of the warehouse sale and just a couple exclusive cars. The number of castings has risen each year and it's getting out of hand, imho. You really shouldn't need a 30 car case every year just to hold them all. I'm running out of wall space.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm dissapointed with the move from August to March. Too busy that time of year for me

so at least I have 2 years of Fest memories :(

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
If we can't sell a total of 100 complete sets we will NOT be able to do this casting in any capacity so it's kind of all or nothing and if you reserve, we need for you to step up when payment is due (180.00 plus shipping for the three sets, 9 cars total)

[/QUOTE]

The $180.00 "All or nothing" made me deceide NOTHING for me.

I would like a C set for $60.00, but it can't be done. I wonder if other people like the C set the best? Is it possible to sell 300 C sets instead of 100 C sets? My guess is some HT members would buy more than one C set, but what do I know.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts