Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I was wanting to know if the Auto Fest is going to happen in March this year? Mark as not been heard from on this board sense last year from what I have seen on Hobby Talk. I was wanting any imformation about it. I have been on the Auto Fest web site not much there as well. I was wanting to get a table so I could put sell diecast and other stuff. I sent Mark an email but I didn't get a responce for him yet. I would be greatful to any help.
Thanks Scott
email: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Hey,
I was wanting to get a table so I could put sell diecast and other stuff.
email: [email protected]
You might be better off selling ArmorAll and some detailing rags seeing as the Coachmen car show seems to be overtaking Autofest. But hey the Hooters girls will be there so a great time is guaranteed for all.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Cal makes a good point but my counter is rather than Coachmen taking over it's more like other die-cast companies either not wanting to, or in many cases not having time making a casting between our August show and a quick turn around of a new March date. Add in the New Year for China, considered a major shut down holiday and economic conditions here causing die-cast favorites to raise minimum numbers and costs so high that it is very difficult to get castings done.

How quick we forget that I clearly made two attempts at special show castings, one from Greenlight, and one from M2 that fell flat on their face for several reasons. We got less than 30 orders for either choice. There were some major trademark issues caused in the last show that also left a sour taste as witnessed by the many AutoFest casting to be found on E-bay as we speak. Lessons learned on mistakes made.

There will be two castings at the show but since all of the event teams are also volunteers the turn around time from August....the Holiday crunch..... to March was too much for many of the team as well so we can't feild a full team. It's a tough economy for us just like anyone else. I myself lost a job of 20 years. I had issues to deal with on the family front and like most of us, did what they had to to get by in private rather than looking for sympathy here. With every hole left by AutoFest I filled it with Coachmen opportunities and since it is their 50th, why not let them shine a little. People say Fest is about the people yet when the exclusives aren't there it seems many bail? Building and size wise it is the largest show I have produced, granted it is heavy on the 1:1 side but that is because die-cast options, demand and wants are at an all time low. Remember the big news that someone was getting back into die-cast! Well there seems to be no rush to get to market so what does that say? Speaks volumes to me.

Want to pay 50.00 for a dinner with no car? Probably not. So there has to be a shift in format. Will there be PSR racing, yes, Crunch car too, ADDWC Charity Auction, all yes. I'll open up the Comfort Suites Grand Hall free to all to set up as they want. One large swap and sell, room to room on Saturday night. Come to the big car show, try and win the PSR, Crunch car and then spend times with friends at the Suites. Visit with Cooter, the General Lee, meet some Hooters Girls if you want. Then we can set plans for 2011. I have sent the new information to our web guy but it has not been posted. The format for the show should be up this week and to be safe you may want to check the Cavalcade site rather than AutoFest until I get the info situation fixed.

The date is March 20th, 21st. The hotel is still the Comfort Suites. Enjoy the fun car show on Saturday. Swap and sell at the hotel on Saturday night at free tables and head home on Sunday. Sounds like a great weekend of fun to me.:wave:

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
I knew that there was issues with the diecast side but I'm glad the 1:1 is there to pick up the slack. Just imagine what will happen when the economy turns areound and diecast picks up! With there being more things on the shelves now (Remember this is the January slump) Things are looking up. I can't wait for AutoFest this year and I know the 2011 will be even better yet!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
There you go! AutoFest needs some chatter!! :woohoo: C'mon guys! It's diecast! Let your true addiction show!! Little metal cars and good friends! Hope AutoFest 2010 is a blast for those who go! :hat:

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Hi Mark! I hope things are better for you these days. I wanted to thank you for all you do for our hobby. I never thought I'd say this, but I won't be able to make it this year (in March) because of the economy. I'm still gainfully employed for the time being, but there is no way I can afford the festivities this spring at least.

I will however still send a bunch of White lightnings and chase cars for the cause. I still think alot of good comes from giving, even when it's hard to do right now. Someone will get some deals on the stuff, and the kids will still benefit from our donations.

I wish the show the best of luck, and that everyone that can come has a great time! I'll miss seeing everybody.

Thank you again!:wave:

·
Banned
200 Posts
Hi Mark! I hope things are better for you these days. I wanted to thank you for all you do for our hobby. I never thought I'd say this, but I won't be able to make it this year (in March) because of the economy. I'm still gainfully employed for the time being, but there is no way I can afford the festivities this spring at least.

I will however still send a bunch of White lightnings and chase cars for the cause. I still think alot of good comes from giving, even when it's hard to do right now. Someone will get some deals on the stuff, and the kids will still benefit from our donations.

I wish the show the best of luck, and that everyone that can come has a great time! I'll miss seeing everybody.

Thank you again!:wave:
Wow... the truest indicator of just how bad this economy really is. Paul, you have given so much to Mark and AutoFest/LightningFest through the years, as we have all seen here on the pages of Hobby Talk. It's unfortunate that so many people are in this same position this year. We'll look back on these times someday, and appreciate how far we've come, but right now times are pretty tough. I look forward to things being better next year when, hopefully, we are all doing at least a bit better, and AutoFest can again be a part of so many people's lives and the rest of us can enjoy reading about it here on Hobby Talk. Keep the faith Mark, and keep the spirit of AutoFest burning even in these most difficult times. God bless us all.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Wow... the truest indicator of just how bad this economy really is. Paul, you have given so much to Mark and AutoFest/LightningFest through the years, as we have all seen here on the pages of Hobby Talk. It's unfortunate that so many people are in this same position this year. We'll look back on these times someday, and appreciate how far we've come, but right now times are pretty tough. I look forward to things being better next year when, hopefully, we are all doing at least a bit better, and AutoFest can again be a part of so many people's lives and the rest of us can enjoy reading about it here on Hobby Talk. Keep the faith Mark, and keep the spirit of AutoFest burning even in these most difficult times. God bless us all.

Very kind words.
That you can recall WLPaul's generosity over all these years - almost seems like you have been here much longer than your start date shows? Lurker's virtues I guess.

Thanks for your very heartfelt nugget of wisdom just the same.

Stan:dude:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts