Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 856 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Big Chuck will have to set you up with gearing in touring oval.and Scott is the wiz with the Losi touring .I am just a one hit wonder in 13.5 pan car.sorry not more help.

Foams that work at out track in 13.5 pan car

BSR

LF white , P white
RF black,black silver,silver
RL P white
RR white,white grey

Windtunnel

LF 2 white,white
RF black,silver
RL white
RR 2 white

TM (i think)
white on inside blacks on out side

Gearing 3.50 to 3.70 I keep mine in the 3.58 to 3.65 range.

Jake

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
In 13.5 I think the guys were around 112/43 in on-road (rubber tires).
For touring oval, heck, throw the smallest spur and the biggest pinion you've got at it and start there :)
Running a four cell pack you'd be looking at roughly the same rollout as the pan car guys, but probably no more than 3.50 (considering the TC weighs a lot more).

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Thanks Jake for the bump.

Since the Midwest Grand Nats we've been talking about weekend oval racing. I'd like to see how much interest there'd be in a summer oval series, indoors on the carpet at Fastlane. And whether Saturday or Sunday would be best for most racers.

The schedule might look something like this:

Race 1 - May 17 or 18

Race 2 - June 7 or 8

Race 3 - June 21 or 22

Race 4 - July 19 or 20

Race 5 - Aug 2 or 3

Race 6 - Aug 16 or 17

Race 7 - Sep 6 or 7

We could run a points series, best 5 of 7 races count. BRL rules except we'd also allow Lipo batteries using the same equivalency as HobbyPlex (21.5/ lipo = 13.5 nimh; 17.5 / lipo = 10.5 nimh). There is some flexibility in these dates if there is enough interest. To be honest, I haven't checked for conflicts with Marshalltown and other outdoor tracks. But if interest is there we can find a way to work around other dates wherever possible.

Is there interest? Which day (Saturday or Sunday) is best?

Let me know.

Hope to see ya at the races......

Big Chuck

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Thanks Jake for the bump.

Since the Midwest Grand Nats we've been talking about weekend oval racing. I'd like to see how much interest there'd be in a summer oval series, indoors on the carpet at Fastlane. And whether Saturday or Sunday would be best for most racers.

The schedule might look something like this:

Race 1 - May 17 or 18

Race 2 - June 7 or 8

Race 3 - June 21 or 22

Race 4 - July 19 or 20

Race 5 - Aug 2 or 3

Race 6 - Aug 16 or 17

Race 7 - Sep 6 or 7

We could run a points series, best 5 of 7 races count. BRL rules except we'd also allow Lipo batteries using the same equivalency as HobbyPlex (21.5/ lipo = 13.5 nimh; 17.5 / lipo = 10.5 nimh). There is some flexibility in these dates if there is enough interest. To be honest, I haven't checked for conflicts with Marshalltown and other outdoor tracks. But if interest is there we can find a way to work around other dates wherever possible.

Is there interest? Which day (Saturday or Sunday) is best?

Let me know.

Hope to see ya at the races......

Big Chuck
Sounds like fun but I would miss the first race.10 year Wedding Aniv. is the 16th so I have plans already for that weekend. I think it would be better if you did 4 out of the 7 but that's not a big deal.

Jason

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I would be in for Sat. events . Sunday would be alot harder if not impossiable for me. Unless it was a two day race once during the series. I would try to swing coming.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
MK Race; BBQ2?????????[/QUOTE said:
I thought Famous Dave's in Omaha was BBQ2. I think we're up to BBQ3 now. Zarda's is probably less than a mile from the track so it's always available and a possibility.

Sounds like Saturday is the more popular choice so far. I'll try sorting out a schedule that dodges most of the Storm Steel and Marshalltown events.

Big Chuck

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Best BBQ in KC is Jack Stack none better.

Big C hope we all can make it happen.

Jake

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Summer Oval Series

Okay, from what I can gather, Saturday's seem to be the preferred day. I've checked and the dates I originally posted have 2 conflicts with other events. One with Storm Steel on June 7th and one with Marshalltown on August 2nd. But moving a week or so won't resolve the conflicts so we'd have to live with them.

From the standpoint of Fastlane, we're interested in holding the series. We'd plan on awards at the end of the series and (are you listening Mike?) a BBQ party at the end as well. What I don't know is how much of a turn out we could expect. I'd hate to have guys travel a distance and have only 6 or 8 racers total for a weekend because guys have too many other things to do. I already know that turnout for May 17th would probably be "light".

So I'd be interested in feedback to determine the level of interest in the series. The basics are:

- Brl rules except we'd allow Lipo's similar to how Omaha does it.
- 7 race series - best 4 count towards points championship

Race Dates:

May 17th, June 7th, June 21st, July 19th, August 2nd, August 16th, Sept 6th

How about a "show of hands" to determine the interest?

Thanks,

Big Chuck

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
If you would change the May race to the 24th I would make everyrace. Not only because the 17th is my wedding anvi. weekend it would give everyone a little more time to get travel plans setup.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
If you would change the May race to the 24th I would make everyrace. Not only because the 17th is my wedding anvi. weekend it would give everyone a little more time to get travel plans setup.
Hey Jason that is Memorial weekend if that matters.Some people go out of town for a 3 day weekend.

Jake

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Let's see here, May 17th is out (friend's grad party), August 16th is questionable (anniversary and family reunion), other than that it looks like I'm in.
And May 24th we'll be in Indy for the BIG oval race :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Its all about jason LOL :D now when you say lipo are you talking pan car and what size lipo and so on thanks and i would make as many as i can if not all.

41 - 60 of 856 Posts