Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 482 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With new year coming, thought a lighter new thread would be welcome...

In the older thread, Bret "The Jet" asked ...

"I was wondering what's in the near future...Higher voltage, runtime, or even lower resistance???
Are we looking at a new cell soon, or just improvements on the current WC4200???

Thanks, Bret
"

There shouldn't be any higher voltage for the next few months at least.

Intellect is now focusing on making the IB4200WC cell more stable, ideally totally eliminating the occasionnaly shorted cell issue. Their current cell have slightly less voltage (approx. -0.004V) but the Actual Internal Resistance has been been improved (approx. -0.1mOhm) ...

Cells' power is generated via voltage and resistance so the end result is yet great performances on the track.

Steve.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Good Luck to all the Team TQ members out there, deffinately one of the best products on the market. TQ celss are like your Master Card, Never leave home without em.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
thanx doug...back at ya...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Steve, What do you think the mah of the batteries is going to be this year? Sticking to 4200 or maybe a big or little leap? Just curious if you have a time frame of IB's product plan. One of the series that I compete in is thinking of locking the battery rule at 4600 and I wanted to know if that was a reasonable rule with what will be available.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mAh...

LARCGuy said:
How about both.
The mAh on IB4200WC has been anywhere from 4000 to 4475 depending of the batches of cells ...

Like I said in an earlier post emphasis is now put on cell's reliability.

Intellect is likely to release a higher capacity cell later in 2007 ... we can only speculate on what the nominal capacity is going to be rated at ...

Since you're asking, I would personnaly set the rules to 4200mAh (nominal) until Sept. 1st 2007

Steve.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Lost e-mails!

To all that e-mailed me between Dec.30th - Jan.1st ... please resend it to me ... I had major PC issues and lost all e-mails received in that interval.

Steve.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fresh 4200WC cells...

Cases of fresh cells in this Thursday...

Cells will be ready for shipment late next week...

Steve.

1 - 20 of 482 Posts