Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sonny was just wondering when you could post the 2007 schedule. I have to put my vacation in a year in advance. Also was just wondering if you were going to have a 12th scale class next year.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Come on Batman, just tell Batwoman that you're going and that's it. Just watch for the Bat Beacon up in the sky.:D

Just don't listen to Phil, because we won't tell him the right dates any way.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Batman said:
Sonny was just wondering when you could post the 2007 schedule. I have to put my vacation in a year in advance. Also was just wondering if you were going to have a 12th scale class next year.

Still trying to confirm a few dates but the plan is to have most of the races on the first weekend of the month starting in October. January dates will be the first and last weekend of the month to work around the Snowbirds.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
jason crist said:
Sonny

i know you told us at the finals, but

what are the classes going to be ran next season ?
For sure
1.) Sportsman 13.5
2.) Masters Truck 13.5 (rules TBA)
3.) Pro4300

4th class is up in the air. I would like to continue with Pro Mod but we need to get more drivers to commit. The second option would be 1/12 scale 4300.

If you have an interest in running one or the other drop me an e-mail and let me know [email protected]

·
Registered
878 Posts
I think limiting the classes will allow for larger turnouts! This is my personal opinion that is. Right now in most R/C racing there is too many classes! Yes, some racers want to run more than one class, but maybe there would be more entries if limiting the amount of classes instead of making more.

Flame on :devil:

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I don't think you'll get flamed for that. I agree 100%. it seems to be a regional thing. In the midwest we're happy with our 2-3 classes in some parts o the country they seem to like about 10. Personally I'd rather earn an A-main then just pay my entry fee for one.

I think in this case though the extra class for next year will be run mainly as a second class for most guys, so nothing will be diluted. I'd kind of like to see the 12th scale class instead of mod.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I think it should be limited to 3 classes total. I love racing with a bunch of guys instead of 10. It allows you to know what will be run as guys will not jump from class to class.I would rather be 20th out of 40 than 6th out 15. Pro mod Did not seem to have the support so if one goes away I think it should be that one

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
pmsimkins said:
I don't think you'll get flamed for that. I agree 100%. it seems to be a regional thing. In the midwest we're happy with our 2-3 classes in some parts o the country they seem to like about 10. Personally I'd rather earn an A-main then just pay my entry fee for one.

I think in this case though the extra class for next year will be run mainly as a second class for most guys, so nothing will be diluted. I'd kind of like to see the 12th scale class instead of mod.
I AGREE WITH PAT, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE 1/12TH OVAL TAKE OFF AGAIN LIKE IT WAS BACK THE 80'S AND 90'S :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I too want to see a solid field of cars in all classes. I don't think you will see us go beyond 4 next year.

4300 was good all season. 13.5 grew quickly and I'm pretty confident based on the response I've received the 13.5 masters truck class will also be solid. No doubt we could use another 7 or 8 guys to make Mod a consistent class. I already have a few that have shown interest for next year, so it could become solid.

1/12 scales would be the alternative to Mod. As long as we can get a couple of heats it worth giving one of them a try.

Keep in mind as more convert to brushless we also expect to see the car counts grow.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
It's good to hear more interest in the Mod class

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Has the schedule been nailed down yet. I have to schedule vacation soon and have limited days. I'm going to have to pick which tracks I get to attend

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Pat still working on it. I would say there is a outside chance we can announce the dates at the Tri-Clone race.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Junk 1 said:
Anything set in stone for the truck class yet.......As far as age and what body to run ?

Schedule is getting really close to being finalized. Should be ready in the next week or two.

Rules for the truck class and other updates will be announced soon after. Masters age limit will be 40 and over body info coming soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts