Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Carolina R/C Complex, Easley SC, will be hosting the 2007 ROAR Region 3 Paved Oval Championships on May 19. This will be an excellent event to attend as Carolina R/C will be hosting the ROAR Paved Oval Nationals as well in August.

Attached is the entry flyer in pdf format (within the zip folder). If you have trouble with the zip file, the Carolina R/C website will have the entry form posted soon. http://www.carolinarc.com

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
out of region drivers

Do us out of region driver have to do anything to compete in a regional out of our region?

·
Registered
640 Posts
The schedule is up on the web site, Most of the ones I have talked to will be coming up on the 1st and 3rd weekend of each month. We run 1/4 Scale on the 2nd and 4th sat.of the month with the 1/10 scale program we just have to split track time in the morning.If you have any Questions about the track or dates drop me a email.

Just show up and race... "Thats what he said"

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Wish we could make it, can't get the time off of work for that and Nats. We will see you guys in Aug. :cry:

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Anyone have any idea about what the hand out tires will be? Sure would hate to work on a set up for the regional with one set of tires and then have to run something different @ the Nats

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
I would run nets on the right and pro lights on the left. I would run l's on 3 corners and a "R" right rear. This tire set up is fast almost everywhere I have been.

·
Registered
683 Posts
L's on left side, S on right front and R on right rear, start there and you should be close to what John will use if he goes with 4 pinks

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I guess it will be some combination of Pinks. What ever they will be net on the right and pro light on the left. Cliff was right about what he said. That combo works good at most tracks I ran at last season (asphalt).

·
Registered
640 Posts
Most or on 3 L's and a R there are some on a S RF and yes I would run nets on the Right Side.You may want try S and R on the right side just to feel the Difference for the Big Show.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Everyone, we have updated the entry flyer to include the 13.5 Brushless class. The attachment in the first post of this thread includes the updated flyer.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
flyer

Prof, not to be a pain, but, the flyer on the web is the old one, the one in the attachment is the new one as stated. Just trying to help out.

When do you begin to run the outdoor track, we would like to get as much track time as we can before the regional and nats. Also how much do the grip change from cool to hot temps?

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's a year round track as long as temps stay above 40 degrees. Grip changes a little with the cold temps, but the track is so smooth and fast, it's not really a big deal. This is my home track and is one of the best places to race.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts