Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's nice to know the very freedom you're fighting for is denied you. :freak:

Can you download the calendar at least? If not I can email you the PDF once I get home.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Unfortunately, no. Your entire site is blocked. I've got a dispute request in, but the last one took almost a month to clear so I ain't holdin' my breath on this one being done any time soon, either.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Do you have a link to any more info on the dreadnought type ship you used for July? That ship was used in the Nintendo DS/PSP game Star Trek: Tactical Assault, and I would like to know more about it. Most dreadnought designs I've seen are based on the Constitution design, so I find it very remarkable to see one based on the Miranda.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:)

Now if I could only stop finding typos! ;lol:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Ruckdog said:
Do you have a link to any more info on the dreadnought type ship you used for July? That ship was used in the Nintendo DS/PSP game Star Trek: Tactical Assault, and I would like to know more about it. Most dreadnought designs I've seen are based on the Constitution design, so I find it very remarkable to see one based on the Miranda.
Here's what John said about the July ship (on the last page):

SHIP: USS Coeur de Lion
SCALE: 1/537
PROJECT: A really over the top battleship inspired by the Adamant Class dreadnought in the book Starfleet Prototype.
INGREDIENTS: Two (and a bit) Ertl USS Reliants, one Ertl refit Enterprise
WORK: 2 Reliant top halves make up the forward section. An Accurate Parts A/B/C deck on top, the kit one below. The shuttle bay machinery underneath are sealed with sheet, and details from the Reliant's bottom transferred. Onto the rear of this I grafted the 2ndary hull of an Enterprise, with much putty. On the very tail of the 2ndary hull I fixed two sets of Reliant impulse engines,
blended with much sheet plastic and putty. The four Reliant engines are mounted on an assembly of engine pylons from three Reliant kits.
BACKGROUND: Another astronomical photo for the backdrop. The two asteroids are Galileo photos of Saturn's moon Phoebe. Yup, two photos of the same moon. The Bird of Prey is the Ertl model kit. Shield flare effects are taken from photos of sparklers and such.
THE NAME: A great battleship named after a great warrior king. "Couer de Lion" is the French for "Lion Heart," nickname of King Richard I of England.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Somebody used it in a game!? And here I thought it was all my idea.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts