4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 Special Events:
April 6th - $10 Race Night
April 27th - $10 Race Night
May 4th - $10 Race Night
May6th - NEOT Race
May 11th Open at noon - OVERNIGHT
May 12th Spring Sizzler (Karen & Nick RETURN!!!)
June 16th Fathers Day Race
June-August - Summer Schedule to be announced
September 8th Stockified
October 20th Fall Final
November 3rd, 2nd Annual S/K Shootout
November 25th, 2nd Annual Toys for Tots Race
December 8th Winterblast Warm-up

Regular weekly hours for practice and racing will be in addition to the special events posted above. Presently the hours/days are:
Mondays 5-10
CLOSED TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY
Thursday 5pm - 10pm
Fridays Noon -11pm
Saturdays 12noon -5pm *1st Sat of each month we have Sat Night Racing at 6pm
Sundays 9am - 5pm, Racing at Noon

Practice is $10 per day
Racing is $15 per day

As always if you need anything, have questions, etc - let me know! I would be glad to help!

4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe......after seeing how good weekdays are workin...this week........starting at 12 or 2 til 9pm - i might make some changes..........whats the common vote? what additional day would be good??

4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anniversary Race Details will be out shortly...so far I will tell you it will not be a handout race,....thus it will be affordable....
We have to have a new twist for it....being that its a new event...so I have some ideas up my sleeve...let me get some things priced out and I will post details asap!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Two months to wait for the next big show is like waiting for Mrs Clause to come to bed on Christmas night !!!! LOL

4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KDarc said:
Two months to wait for the next big show is like waiting for Mrs Clause to come to bed on Christmas night !!!! LOL

LMAO ....You kill me (in a good way)...Im glad youre back...weve missed you!

What are you saying - we should have a monthly event (big event that is?) LOL

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I see you have a race on March 30th, I quess we won't be seeing you at the Arcor race......We told you it was the first week of April, we where a little off it is March 30-April 1st, I had a Great time at the WinterBlast And am looking foward to coming next year.....

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Danielle said:
I think we need to do something a little different for this event but Im not sure what yet...hmmm...

Any suggestions?
For starters lets get that magazine article written that I was talking about. Then how about a webcam feed. Maybe get the local chamber of commerce to do something since you're a small business that has survived for 18 years. Ask Mark Arrute if he wants to sponsor a race to bring the real SK guys in to run a exhibition RC race. If you do that some of the local business' might throw something into the kitty. Talk to the local radio stations too. They often do live remotes from business'. Some do it for a stipend and some charge a lot more. Have some good food BBQ. Advertise as a chicken BBQ so that it is more than just a race. I know a good cover band that could play downstairs for the after-party later on. Have raffle we could raffle some cars and parts and/or have an RC swap meet etc. Have a "Hot Lap" qualifying contest, pay a small fee (like $3.00) for a turn at it, you get to run 3 hot laps, and the fastest guy gets 75% of the cash. No limit to how many times you go out there to try. Have 2 classes 19T and stock.
Obviously this is just an "off the top of my head throw out some ideas type of think out of the box suggestions"
It's probablly more than $0.02 worth, more like $0.25 :)

·
"SuperStar"
1,389 Posts
rickster58 said:
For starters lets get that magazine article written that I was talking about. Then how about a webcam feed. Maybe get the local chamber of commerce to do something since you're a small business that has survived for 18 years. Ask Mark Arrute if he wants to sponsor a race to bring the real SK guys in to run a exhibition RC race. If you do that some of the local business' might throw something into the kitty. Talk to the local radio stations too. They often do live remotes from business'. Some do it for a stipend and some charge a lot more. Have some good food BBQ. Advertise as a chicken BBQ so that it is more than just a race. I know a good cover band that could play downstairs for the after-party later on. Have raffle we could raffle some cars and parts and/or have an RC swap meet etc. Have a "Hot Lap" qualifying contest, pay a small fee (like $3.00) for a turn at it, you get to run 3 hot laps, and the fastest guy gets 75% of the cash. No limit to how many times you go out there to try. Have 2 classes 19T and stock.
Obviously this is just an "off the top of my head throw out some ideas type of think out of the box suggestions"
It's probablly more than $0.02 worth, more like $0.25 :)
Rick,

Sonuds like alot of good ideas........ Let's get it done...

Iternet access at the track would be a great thing... That would make a Webcam feed very easy...

4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First....we have the 1st of the month Sat night racing - if anyone is in??

But I also thought it might be a nice change to have a race for all the SK's just to see whats out - and whats really great - with all this "hype" about the new cars...I dont know just a thought. It doesnt have to be a big deal; just a $15 race....

We can def pull together a race in Feb...just wont have alot of the freebies like the past ones...but hey - it can be done....any dates in mind?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Danielle said:
First....we have the 1st of the month Sat night racing - if anyone is in??

But I also thought it might be a nice change to have a race for all the SK's just to see whats out - and whats really great - with all this "hype" about the new cars...I dont know just a thought. It doesnt have to be a big deal; just a $15 race....

We can def pull together a race in Feb...just wont have alot of the freebies like the past ones...but hey - it can be done....any dates in mind?
HEHE Santa is waiting !!!! With wood !!

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
keep this up top. Danielle is visiting our hobbyshops suppliers, lets keep the post on top while she's looking for those deals for us.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
C'mon guys where is everybody? Anyone that has a 18th scale bring it to the track sunday. I'm trying to get a few together to run a race and see if we can start something new and FUN......

1 - 20 of 578 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.