Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
RogueJ said:
Anyone?...Bueller?...Bueller?
hehe I am thinking about this. It is not TOO far away from where I liver here in Maryland. I have a feeling that I am not going to be able to make it though. Never heard of this before. It does look like a neat time. If I make it up there I will post here beforehand for sure. I would like to meet some Hobby Talk folk in real life!

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Duck Fink said:
...I would like to meet some Hobby Talk folk in real life!
In imitation of Bugs Bunny: Eeeeeeeah - he don't know us very well, do he? Heeheehee...

Back to McG.: That's as much of a reason for going to these model shows as the contests and vendors rooms - to get to match faces to the usernames. Plus you get to see model up close and personal that you ordinarily see only as posted photos. I'm driving 5 hours to make this show myself and consider it well worth the effort. You'll be able to spot me wearing an old Polar Lights baseball cap, drooling over RogueJ's Wonder Woman.

Mark McGee, I hope to see some PLBBers there!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sounds like a good time Mark, I'll have to bring a few of my sons, so they can see some real modeling talent. Coraopolis is about 10 minutes from home.:thumbsup:

cujo.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah Mark, My oldest(17)has moved on to texting,hunting and football.My middle child syndrum(14)basketball and garage band. Youngest wisdom boy(11), PS2 and PS2. Enter a smattering of chicks all around = not much time to model with dad.They do enjoy modeling through me though and know its there waiting for them whenever the mood strikes.
I'll look you up friday!
It will be fun to put faces with the names! I think the DABBLER and RYHNO are locals too.(hope they can make it)
cujo.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Yeah, I'm a local, but regretfully I can't make it. I really don't go out much at all, and my wheels are out of order anyhow. I won't have another set by then. I really would like to meet & see a lot of the, um, ...characters ?... on the forum though.
I hope all the out of towners have a good time, and enjoy the western Pa. scenery and hospitality. Some of the nicest and freindliest folks in the country live here. It's actually a big city made up of small friendly neighborhoods.

Oh, yeah, it's said that because of the many hills and walking habits our girls have some of the nicest legs around. YOU be the judge.
Dabbler

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Wish we could see you there Dabbler. I think I am about 3 or 4 hours away. Those "walking legs" sounds like added incentive for the road trip! I would like to get a duck fink t-shirt made from one of the pics that are in my gallery that a friend of mine did. At least it would make me "obvious". Don't think it will be ready by this weekend though.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
DUCK, just hope for warm weather when the shorts and short skirts come out ! :eek:
And definitely take a run past Oakland ( 5 th. Avenue ) where Pitt U. is and check out the co-eds.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Mark McGovern said:
Sounds like you know the, ah, lay of the land, Dabs. We gonna see you there?

Mark McGee...co-eds?
If I did I think I forgot by now ?? :( So...... in lieu of that.... if you have time, check out the Carnegie ( in Pittsburgh it's pronounced Car-nay-gee) Museum of Natural History, by Pitt. One of the best collections of dinos in the country and good research for Egyptian stuff and other possibly model related references. Check it out on-line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts