Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the year is drawing to a close, what do you feel were the "top" Hobby Talk stories of the year ????? Kind of "a year in review" type of thread.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
1) Pre-Pro's and Test Shot's at LF. How cool was that!?!?!?!

2) StupidSquirrels PIP's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) The release of Auction Insanity!!! There was a lot of nice cars in that release. :thumbsup:

4) The day the club changed over to the free on-line club was eventful. :)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Now that the year is drawing to a close, what do you feel were the "top" Hobby Talk stories of the year ????? Kind of "a year in review" type of thread.
I would say that carnut2256 being banished to the twilight zone for awhile was quite a story. :devil:

·
Registered
274 Posts
No story here...but find it interesting the Johnny Lightning Direct / Polarlights exclusives all the way back to 2000 starting hitting last week...

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Hmmm......how to sum it all up for 06.

Well, I did ride with Swifty for 6+ hours to and from the Johnny Jam and then the following week I go and ride to Fest and back with him.

Well, Swifty is still alive and I have blocked out all Air Supply songs from memory so it was a good year. :)

Seriously, I would have to say RAOKS and the way the collecting community helped me in getting all the #18 Fest castings.

Another highlight is the Dragnet Supporter stories and the StupidSquirels customs.

I am sure there are more moments that have not come to my fingertips just yet.

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Another highlight. A thread I started in 05 skyrocketed to be the #1 all-time viewed and posted on thread here in the JL board.

There are a lot of great members that have posted on that thread that we don't see too much of anymore.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
CJTORINO said:
I would say that carnut2256 being banished to the twilight zone for awhile was quite a story. :devil:
That has to be at the top of my list, it was big.

Followed by:
All the comments surrounding JL distribution, JL Club changes, price increases and changes in packaging.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
I would say it was the thread that helped lead Carnutt to the Corn Field. The "what JL cars are you looking for" thread that kind of circumveted the swap and sell forum.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Atencio said:
I would say it was the thread that helped lead Carnutt to the Corn Field. The "what JL cars are you looking for" thread that kind of circumveted the swap and sell forum.
Geez, even I don't remember that one :confused:

Wait, was that Moe's trading thread?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I haven't been back long enough to cover most of the year, but I would say John's pips were a great part of my return...and actually owning one is very cool.

Secondly, seeing CenterShock's pics for my stories was an amazing highlight.

Darkwiz's suggestions for some of the Dragnet chapters that are coming up.

And seeing that a couple of people actually added my stories to their highlights really touches me the most. All of you people are too kind. This place actually restored a lot of my waning faith in humanity reading about all the RAOK's.

Secret Santa and the anticipation for what was inside that box under my tree...it was worth the wait. Pics coming soon!

And last (but never least) sschevyman1 who just arrived on this board recently with all his amazing pics...and out of the blue sent me a white and gold Batmobile futura, just like the one I admired in one of his pics. It hasn't left my desk since it arrived...thank you, Dave.

That's quite a bit of memories since arriving back in October. And I want to thank you all for making them possible!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Macs_Little_Car said:
carnutt was banned? Hmmm, don't really remember that.......
Let me help your memory, Rob :p

Macs_Little_Car said:
Just a little side note here. I hope you guys realize that Bobby felt it necessary to ban Rich for a week for not complying with his requests. You guys have all repeatedly brought this back and, on purpose or not, have been ridiculing Bobby for doing it by all of this mess about when carnut comes back, free carnut and such. With all he does for this board and the hobby, it saddens me that when Bobby finally has to enforce the rules by a temporary ban of someone who was given more than one chance to do as requested, you guys behave like this and spit in Bobby's face.
It's all good. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts