Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006-7 Racing @ RCH Raceway, S.Glens Falls, NY

Starting a new thread for this season.

The New carpet is all installled. Reassembly of the walls and cleanup will be done this evening, so we'll be ready to run on Saturday 9/16.

I have just spoken with a representative from CRC(the supplier of the carpet) and was told that Paragon Ground Effects is fine to use on the new carpet as is Traction Action, and Corally's Jack the Gripper.
They also informed us that the orange scented compounds from Racers Choice are VERY BAD for the carpet so they will not be used here. Fortunately it looks like the Racer's Choice compounds are no longer available.

The final decision on the 19T motor rule is to run the Komodo Dragon motors only.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lots of great news from Racing City Hobbies... new carpet, new spec class, easy to tech 19t motor rule. Should be a great season!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots of guys were at the dirt race at Mike's so we just had a few trucks and a few spec stock. Sounds like most of the regulars will start showing up next week.
Track seems smooth with good bite. A couple of 19T guys that practiced Sat. afternoon were getting lots of rear bite with their old setups so were looking for a little more front bite to get them to turn.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Looks like Ken & I are going to give the SK's a try Saturday night. If anyone else has one ready to go bring them on, the more the better. :thumbsup:

John

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
I was just wondering what the rules and regulations were for spec?...What makes it a spec class? What battery/motor combination do we have to run? From what i have heard its just going to be 4 cell stock. I am real interested in getting back into pan but dont have the funds due to my 1:1 car. So this may be the best route. If not i will run trucks.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
justin, this is what were running

spec paks (unmatched 3800's ) $19.50
BSR spec tires $14-$15 a pair
chrome handout motors...$25
F brush , no slot , no holes $3 a pair
Yeah pretty much like stock but now were all running the same motor, battery , tire and brush combo

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
disruptor10 said:
justin, this is what were running

spec paks (unmatched 3800's ) $19.50
BSR spec tires $14-$15 a pair
chrome handout motors...$25
F brush , no slot , no holes $3 a pair
Yeah pretty much like stock but now were all running the same motor, battery , tire and brush combo
Sounds killer. I might be pickin up a charger and power supply this week. And a new chassis next week. Spec sounds like the ticket. Im actually pretty excited for this!

·
Registered
489 Posts
AMANDA AND I HAD FUN LAST NIGHT...BUT HOPEFULLY MORE EDM'S AND TRUCKS START TO SHOW UP. SO FOR NOW ON NICE WEEKENDS I THINK WE WILL STILL RUN ON MY DIRT TRACK AND RUN CARPET ON ALL OTHER WEEKENDS UNTIL THE WEATHER GETS TO COLD OR MORE EDM'S AND TRUCKS SHOW

hint,hint KENNY THINK ABOUT INDOOR DIRT lol lol :lol: :thumbsup:

NOTHING LIKE DIRT!!!!!

SEE YA SOON AMANDA AND BIG MIKE!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Roll call. Who's coming up tomorrow night? Any 19T guys, Pro stock, SPEC stock, Truck, EDM, S/K. The Track is in awesome shape, super smooth and wicked fast.

John

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Bret,
What signs....Will work for batteries? HAHA! Anyway, I'll have both cars. Not sure about what will happen with Pro-stock. See ya later.

Jason

1 - 20 of 819 Posts