Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Once again this year, Sherry and I have volunteered to help MarkHos out by handling the sale of the 2005 Lightning Fest Pace cars for him. Most of the rules are the same, but there are changes. Please read carefully and ask questions.

OK, Here we go, first 225 sets reserved to email us and comply with all the following rules get a set.

YOU MUST EMAIL ME WITH YOUR REAL NAME AND ADDRESS TO BE ON THE LIST

Emails to: [email protected]

Set is 2 of the Lightning Fest 2005 Shelby Daytona Coupe Pace Cars (1 each - red interior and white interior). They will be on a blistercard this year.

Cost, including shipping, if paid by Money Order, Cashiers Check or Personal Check:

$35.00 - 1 set
$67.00 - 2 sets
$99.00 - 3 sets
$131.00 - 4 sets
$163.00 - 5 sets
$195.00 - 6 sets
$227.00 - 7 sets
$259.00 - 8 sets
$291.00 - 9 sets
$323.00 - 10 sets

Mail to:

Mac’s Little Cars, Inc.
C/O Rob McIntosh
1900 Mitchell Drive
Eureka, IL 61530-1629

We will accept PayPal, but the buyer MUST pay the PayPal fees. Costs are as follows if paying by PayPal:

$36.32 - 1 set Paypal
$69.24 - 2 sets Paypal
$102.17 - 3 sets Paypal
$135.10 - 4 sets Paypal
$168.03 - 5 sets Paypal
$200.96 - 6 sets Paypal
$233.88 - 7 sets Paypal
$266.81 - 8 sets Paypal
$299.74 - 9 sets Paypal
$332.67 - 10 sets paypal

Paypal to: [email protected]

Anyone ordering 4 or more sets MUST pay immediately by Paypal, no exceptions, no extensions, so don’t ask!!
OK, now let's put the rules up

First - There are 225 of each color interior car available after Mark has pulled the cars he needs for other Fest activities.

Second - These will be sold in sets of two only (1 each - red and white interior). This equals 225 sets available

Third - The 2 car sets will be sold per the above tables - SEE COST TABLE ABOVE.

If you want to pay by Paypal you must use the amounts in the PayPal cost table (this is the amount Paypal is going to charge me for letting you pay through them). If you don't want to pay it, send me a check or Money Order.

These are a Pre-Sell, but MUST be paid for ahead of time. Anybody that doesn't know me, just ask, I think you will find I am trustworthy.

Fourth - No Limit this year. Last year it was just too much of a hassle going back and forth 37 times to get them all sold and it still took a month to sell them out. So this year, order how many you want.

Fifth - OK, How buyers will be determined. Starting with a new thread I will start on Saturday, November 6, 2004 at 8:00 PM CST (it is about 4:35 PM here now). If all are spoken for, I will keep a waiting list in case of non payment. You MUST Email me with your real name and address.

[email protected]

Sixth - Payment must be received by Friday, December 31, 2004 or you will lose your set and it will be offered to the next person on the waiting list. Again, no exceptions and no time extensions, you have almost 2 months to save up $35 .00 for a set if you want one.

Seventh - Cars are due to Markhos around the end of March and as soon as they are in our hands they will be shipped out USPS Priority with Delivery Confirmation.

So, this is it. If you have any questions regarding the rules, please feel free to ask
Have Fun!!!
Rob

·
Registered
487 Posts
I do have a couple of questions on the reservation process. To reserve, do we need to a) post on the thread, b) send an email to you, or c) both?

And no reservations are accepted until 8pm CST on the 6th, right?

Forgive the elementary questions. I tried to read carefully, but sick baby and sleep deprivation kind of make my brain go fizz-pop.

R

·
0 Posts
No problem

To reserve, you MUST email to the addy in the rules... you can post on the thread if you would like, but not necessary. We will respond to all emails so you will know that you are in for however many sets you want

per the rules, yes

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Jeff Koch said:
What wheels will be used?

thanks

jk
Jeff

It is a gravity racer so they have to be hard plastic. It is the same wheel and rim combo that was used on the Pace car last year but now they have a system that can get writing on the wheels so this will be somewhat of a first.

Mark

R

·
0 Posts
streaker said:
it is 8:55 am thursday in utah what time is it at the forum. need time check
Streaker,

you are 1 hour behind - it is 10:00 my time now

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Rob,

Last time I think you used the order of the posts appearing here to determine priority and that automatically ruled out people posting early, since they had to wait till you posted before they could respond to your post. This year, if no post on this BB is necessary to reserve, will you simply just delete any e-mails you receive before you start the thread??

R

·
0 Posts
Good question, I guess not, but I will add them to the end of the initial flurry of replies, how does that sound??

I do this because I am such a softy, I feel sorry for the people that can't read and understand the rules and email me early. That way they don't have to be there Sat night, but they will be at the end of the line.

Opinions?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
robmcin said:
Good question, I guess not, but I will add them to the end of the initial flurry of replies, how does that sound??

I do this because I am such a softy, I feel sorry for the people that can't read and understand the rules and email me early. That way they don't have to be there Sat night, but they will be at the end of the line.

Opinions?
Your my HERO :tongue:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
robmcin said:

Opinions?
Well, I guess that will work. You could just use the old method of post order anyway, since you seem confident that you will not run out in the first day. Those who do not have access to a computer to make a post on the BB may not have access to e-mail either, unless you are expecting them to send e-mails many hours early.

Doesn't matter to me. I'll do whatever you need.

R

·
0 Posts
The cars are not just being offered here, they are being offered on several different BB that are for JL collectors, that is the main reason that the posting on the thread has been removed as a requirement

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
robmcin said:
The cars are not just being offered here, they are being offered on several different BB that are for JL collectors, that is the main reason that the posting on the thread has been removed as a requirement
AH HA!!! Now the truth comes out!:p You've been two-(or three-) timimg us with other BBs!! How dare you offer them what is rightfully ours :lol:

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PWSchuh said:
AH HA!!! Now the truth comes out!:p You've been two-(or three-) timimg us with other BBs!! How dare you offer them what is rightfully ours :lol:

ummmmmmmmm...........uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... Boy, I think JL should number the WL's and what's up with the 1% only WL rule, seems like there are a lot more than that made..... <throws one of higg's smoke bombs and dis appears>

1 - 20 of 35 Posts