1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PDX Racing presents the
2004 Velodrome Nationals
at the 1080ft., high-banked, concrete oval
Major Taylor Velodrome
in Indianapolis, Indiana
August 28th. & 29th. 2004
Classes: 6Cell Touring Car \ 6Cell Stock NASCAR & NASTRUCK \ 4 & 6Cell Modified NASCAR \
4Cell 19-Turn NASCAR \ 6Cell Stock INDYCAR \ 6Cell Busch Grand National (Spec Equip)
Entry Fee: $40.00\$35.00add. pre-register ~ $50.00\$45.00 after July 18th.
THIS EVENT IS BEING BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE RACERS AND FRIENDS OF PDX RACING
Bring your own motors ~ No Handouts \ 10 car min ~ 15-20 possible Qual. & Mains \
IFMAR Qualifying (4 rounds) \ Single A-Mains

Schedule:
***Sat., Aug. 28th. - Gates to open at 8:00am. Practice till 1:00pm. Registration will close at 12:00noon. Drivers meeting at 1:30pm.
Heats to start at 2:00pm. Three (3) rounds to be run, with third round reshuffled. If time available, open practice till 10:00pm.
***Sun., Aug. 29th. - Gates open 8:00am. Practice till 10:00am. Final reshuffled round (4th) of qualifying to start at 10:30am.
MAINS WILL BE RUN ONE (1) HOUR AFTER FINAL ROUND OF QUALIFYING IS COMPLETE, PLEASE BE READY.
All lower mains will be run first, A-Mains last.
***Some AC Power available at track, remember to bring plenty of power cords and generators. Also, bring your own tables and chairs, tents and so forth... make proper arrangements for outdoor racing. Please call/email me at least 2 weeks in advance if flying to Indianapolis and need help with pit space.
***General Rules: Chassis/Ground clearance: .25inch min.(All Classes) \ Busch Grand National: 4.25in. \
NASCAR height: 4.5inch \ NASTRUCK height: 4.75inch
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So who's all coming to the Velo Nationals. And hey, Hooter's is just down the street!
INDY500BC

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are any of you Big Dogs out there planning a trip to Indy in August. Monti says he needs more competition out here. LOL. ;) We'll, he really didn't, I did.LOL. ;) Kevin,Big John, John F., Brent, Danny, Frank, etc. how about it guys?
Freddie, Herbie, Rick, I made a 4-cell mod Indy/F1 to race with you guys. Should be way fun!

Life is racing. Everything else is just waiting.

INDY500BC

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a reminder, PDX Racing presents the Velodome Nationals at the end of August in Indianapolis.
pdxracing.net

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey Herbie, Freddie, and Rick, when you come for the Nats, are you going to run Indy/F1 6-cell stock and mod, or mod only? The 6-cell stock Indy/F1 class has become the biggest class out there. I have a mod car to try with you, but I tell you, it's just too darn fast.
INDY500BC

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Bob,
We'll be there in full force. We're running both stock & mod, there should be at least 4 or 5 of us with mod cars. They can't be any worse than the mod 1/12 scale cars we ran last year, they were a handful. See ya soon!
Rick

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Rick,
That sounds great. Sounds like we ought to have about a 20 car field in 6-cell Indy/F1! Greg will run up to 20 at a time. I see some big tracks only running 6 at a time with A,B,C,D,E mains and I say to myself, where's the driving ability in that? This race should be more like the IRL race, Sunday at Michigan International Raceway. Lots of good, close, high speed racing.
If my 4-cell mod Indy/F1 car gets around the track without glitching on that Friday, I'll enter it to run with you.
Sonny or Mark, if you are coming for the Nats, would you "Hook a brother up" and spot for me and my boy?

·
Registered
657 Posts
hey bob i believe huffer is going to get a car built for me for the nats. i'll be working for greg also. so i'll see ya there... :wave:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Bob, let me take a look at the mod indy car....I'll get it around there.

Also if anyone needs a nascar body I have them for sale $15 each. let me know!

-Monti-

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Monti,
:thumbsup: Sounds great. I think I have her set pretty sweet for ya. I'd love to see my friend drivin' her around. 3 classes is just too much for me anyway.
Hey Blue, is that an Indy/F1 you're talkin' 'bout?
INDY500BC
Monti, count me in for one of those bodies, please.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I've been learning some "Mad Science" in the in between time to help get me to where I feel good about my chances with the first 2 classes. The mod car should be good too, I just have a little trouble with range. I seem to loose reception coming out of 2. The car already handles great. But with a bit of help, she'll be even better, I'm sure.INDY500BC

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Only 9 days 'til the Indy Velodrome Nationals. Last head count puts us around 20 entries for 6-cell stock Indy/F1's. All the other classes are adding up for a Great 2 day event. Get yer capped tires out and let's
Gittr' Dun! :thumbsup: Ya didn't bring yer truck widjadidja?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey All...

Just a reminder about registration... If you have pre-registered or will be signing up Fri 8/27 or Sat. 8/28, please do so ASAP as I will only have a short period of time to get all the names into the computer and get the heats posted on Sat. morning.

Schedule:
***Fri., Aug. 27th. - Open Practice, registration & pit area set-up. The track will be available for practice, registration & set-up from 8:00am till 4:00pm and a practice fee of $3.00 paid to Linda in order to get on the track.
***Sat., Aug. 28th. - Gates to open at 8:00am. Practice till 1:00pm. Registration will close at 12:00noon. Drivers meeting at 1:30pm.
Heats to start at 2:00pm. Three (3) rounds to be run, with third round reshuffled. If time available, open practice till 10:00pm.
***Sun., Aug. 29th. - Gates open 8:00am. Practice till 10:00am. Final reshuffled round (4th) of qualifying to start at 10:30am.
MAINS WILL BE RUN ONE (1) HOUR AFTER FINAL ROUND OF QUALIFYING IS COMPLETE, PLEASE BE READY.

Thanks again and we'll...

See ya at the Track...
PDX RACING
www.pdxracing.net
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only 4 days left 'til the Velodrome Nationals. Just a coincidence that my friends in Cali are running their spring Encino Velo make-up race on the same weekend as the Indy Velo Nats. Good luck to all you guys out there. From all I'm hearing, should be great attendance for this years race. Come and join us. Weather forecast looks very good for Saturday and outstanding for the A-mains on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! :wave: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey All...

If you plan on pitting in the air conditioned offices, the fee is $20.00 for the weekend. Contact Linda at the Velodrome at 317-327-8356 to reserve your pit spot. Linda will be at the Track on Friday, 8:00am, but then has to leave and will be back Friday afternoon. If you arrive and pit spaces are open in the office area, you may pit there and then pay Linda once she come back Friday afternoon. I am posting this info here on the PDX Forums, R/C Conference & Hobbytalk.

Thanks and we're looking forward to a great weekend at the Velo Nats!!

Just a reminder about registration... If you have pre-registered or will be signing up Fri 8/27 or Sat. 8/28, please do so ASAP as I will only have a short period of time to get all the names into the computer and get the heats posted on Sat. morning.

Schedule:
***Fri., Aug. 27th. - Open Practice, registration & pit area set-up. The track will be available for practice, registration & set-up from 8:00am till 4:00pm and a practice fee of $3.00 paid to Linda in order to get on the track.

Thanks again and we'll...

See ya at the Track...
Greg June
PDX RACING
www.pdxracing.net
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My boy and I had a very fun time at the Nats this year. I awoke this morning and I could barely walk. My calves are so stiff from balancing on the fiberglass seats. If I had an excuse for doing poorly in the Indy car race, it would only be because I was worn out from the Nastruck battle the race beforehand. And what a race that was. I have to give it up to Bill. If he had not had trouble in turn 3, I would probably not have caught up to him. I'd have to say that until he had trouble, it was the hardest fought, most exciting race I've ever been in. I wish it could have gone down right to the wire with both cars side by side and the loop determining the outcome.
Monti, those cars looked beautiful screaming around the track. Many times you get caught up in traffic. It was good to see the fastest car win the races. Congratulations!
Dr.Moss, top qualifier with a woods car! Jacob with the win. For a while, some people have suspected my cars and what I put in 'em. With you and Jacob and Butch doing well, that should put a new light on the Indy's and how fast they are capable of going within the rules. It's not only a good motor, but a car and driver that can "Git 'er dunn".
I was talking to Brian today and he wants to get a "Real" ISR car together for next year. Something that can actually make some laps at full speed. So for now that will be something we'll put our heads together for.
I don't feel too bad, but I tell you, I'm feeling old. My hands were shaking so bad in the Nastruck and Indy cars races that I'm not sure how much longer that I'll be able to stand and drive. Perhaps the Nastruck just wore me out that I had no driving skills left for the Indy. But my boy is doing a pretty good job and I'll certainly be there to help him out.(Like he really needs MY help)
Anyway, congratulations to all who came out and competed and certainly to all the winners. It was a wonderful time seeing all my friends and fellow racers. :wave:

·
Registered
657 Posts
thanks to pdx for a good time. i deffinetly had a tough weekend, and i really want to thank greg june, brian huffer, clay, bob cordell, brian smith, and jerry barton. these guys kept me on the track after all the issues i had. btw my adx is totalled. this track is very impressive, and pdx put on a great show.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I would like to extend a big Thank You to Greg June and the PDX crew for putting on a great show(as usual) and lots of exciting racing. Looking forward to next year!
Rick Lohr

1 - 20 of 20 Posts