Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a meeting of the minds yesterday, it was decided that some changes needed to be made regarding the show format and schedule. For those who were originally worried that the Century Center could not do the Warehouse Sale justice or for those venders who worried about the sales competition against PM direct for two days, worry no more. The Warehouse Sale and the Fest events are no longer going to be under one roof.

It was discovered that there is no way a staff from PM could make shipping runs back and forth to PM all day long to keep the show properly stocked. It was also a given that anything less than the selection, price and choices of the previous sales at the HQ's would not be taken well either. With that in mind, RC2/PM has decided to have the Warehouse Sale at the Warehouse just like it always has. Same great selection, stock and prices without the logistics nightmare of wondering what to bring to the Century Center, how much to bring, and all the other possible guess work involved.

The new format will bring some time changes only. Vender and show set up will still be after 2:00pm on Friday for the Century Center. The Warehouse Sale will start at 8:00 and go until 2:00pm on Saturday. Events will now start at the Century Center at noon on Saturday. That gives everyone who attends the Sale a change to get their treasure, clean up, grab a bite and then hit the vendors and events at the Century Center. The CC will run on Saturday from noon until 4:00pm. The dinner hospitality hour starts at 6:00 and goes on until ?. The Century Center reopens Sunday for another day of vendors and events at 10:00 and goes until 3:00.

The web page at PM will soon be updated to reflect these new times. If you sit back and look at the total picture, it is a win-win situation as now the Warehouse Sale is again what it has been in the past rather than just a supporting role to the events at the Century Center which is what it would have ended up being under the previous plan. The space that PM was going to take will be filled with real 1:1 show cars, many of which were made into JL castings. It also opens some additional table space for those vendors who I had originally turned away due to the fact we were all booked up.

Still the same number of days, a true Warehouse Sale and all the events as scheduled. I have seen the Fest castings this year and I guarantee you they are the best detailed yet......BY FAR!

I'm sure there are lots of questions and I'll answer each and every one.

My thanks

Mark Hosaflook:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anthony

I know, I know, the guy I need help from at PM is always the last to know. That's why I was at HQ yesterday when we spoke. I'm sure the others will update you with the needed changes.

Take care.

Mark

R

·
0 Posts
MARKHOS said:
I'm sure there are lots of questions and I'll answer each and every one.

My thanks

Mark Hosaflook:thumbsup:

What is the specific air-speed velocity of a swallow?

What... is the capital of Assyria?

What are the 3 sacred words?

And finally, this bit of wisdom I leave for you:

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I'll answer these... :hat:
robmcin said:
What is the specific air-speed velocity of a swallow?
40 to 50mph

robmcin said:
What... is the capital of Assyria?
Nineveh

robmcin said:
What are the 3 sacred words?
Klaatu, Verata, Ni'ctu

robmcin said:
And finally, this bit of wisdom I leave for you:

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

R

·
0 Posts
Let me see........

ummmm... NO!

maybe

NO!!

Of course you never said you would answer them correctly, did you?

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
What about the car show? I thought it was going to be in same the building across the street from the hotel with the warehouse sale cars/merchandise. If so I don't see very many venturing across for it now. Am I wrong, is the show at the hotel??? Is the Century Center the building across the street from the hotel?

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Hi Markhos,
Just a little reminder...
bobfromsecurityisallyouneedtoknow...have a microphone for the dinner questions...Adam gets the burger this time...and don't forget the ketchup.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
modsquad said:
Hi Markhos,
Just a little reminder...
bobfromsecurityisallyouneedtoknow...have a microphone for the dinner questions...Adam gets the burger this time...and don't forget the ketchup.
:thumbsup:
Oh God that was funny! Thanks, I needed that.

Yes there will be a speaker system this year form the very start and upgraded. There will also be a cash bar on hand to help the hotel bar out.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
T/A Tom said:
What about the car show? I thought it was going to be in same the building across the street from the hotel with the warehouse sale cars/merchandise. If so I don't see very many venturing across for it now. Am I wrong, is the show at the hotel??? Is the Century Center the building across the street from the hotel?
Tom you misunderstand the original set up. The Warehouse Sale and events/vendors were all to be in the same room in Hall A. The few choice cars like yours were going to be on display outside Hall A in the large hall way (still inside mind you). Now those cars along with others will actully be placed in Hall A along with the vendors and events. The outside cars will still be outside in the parking lot. In other words, rather than 8 cars on display in the hall, we will now have around 15 cars on display in Hall A. Yes it IS that big! They will all still be placed behind rope stancions out of childrens candy filled and snot laden fingers. All of this is STILL at the Century Center that is connected to the Marriott by a second story bridge. The dinner is STILL at the Marriott. There never was anything scheduled for the Marriott this year other than the dinner.....which remains the same.

Mark:thumbsup:

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
I'm real confused. I just got an email from the person at PM I order from that all the warehouse items will be moved to the RC2 warehouse in the next week or two. I would assume this means Iowa. How can there be a warehouse sale with no inventory. I sure wish I could get a straight answer.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tiny

I guarantee you, there is a warehouse chuck FULL of stuff in Mishawaka. RC2 wanted to have a Warehouse Sale run in the full capacity rather than a support sales event at the CC. If they had no intention of moving it to the CC to sell, they sure wouldn't move it to IL and back again to Mishawaka to sell. I'm sure the future will change where some product goes but for now, there is MORE than plenty of stock.

This is just a guess on my part but since Mishawaka is a design depot and the fact the Warehouse is probably a fraction of the size the RC2 group has in IL, why wouldn't future stock go to IL? Makes sense to me. Perhaps Mishawaka will be some type of overflow?

Good question

Mark

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Thanks for the Update Mark. When I first heard there were changes, I feared the worst. But it turns out to be all good. I think many people will be happy to hear the Warehouse Sell has been relocated back to the PM headquarters.

We're still counting down the days :thumbsup:

R

·
0 Posts
MARKHOS said:
Rob

1. If she will swallow what do I care the speed of it?

2. Nineveh is the ancient city. Such turmoil makes me think Damdamuna is the current one today?

3. Father, Son, Holy Spirit?
Actually

1) In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second (of course it depends upon whether it is a European Swallow or an African Swallow)

2) Well the only other answer I have heard is...I don't know that! Auuuuuuuugh!

3) 'Ni', 'Peng', and 'Neee-wom'

Sorry, no winners today!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts