Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Hoping someone can shed some light on two auctions currently on eBay. The slots are listed as 2004 Lightning Fest cars. They have the same plastic covers as the Fest Yenko Camaro 1 of 500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Thunderjet-500-lightning-fest-slot-car-Impala-Bel-Air_W0QQitemZ120496338998QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSlot_Cars?hash=item1c0e243836

http://cgi.ebay.com/4Thunderjet-500-lightning-fest-slot-car-Impala-Chevelle_W0QQitemZ120496339613QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSlot_Cars?hash=item1c0e243a9d

The listing states "You are bidding on four "Bowtie Brigade" Thunderjet 500 slot cars made by Johnny Lightning. These were special issues for the 2004 Lightning fest as shown on the red decal. Only 500 were produced this way.Cars include: 1970 Chevy Chevelle, 1959 Chevy Impala Pro Street, 1967 Chevy Corvette, and 1959 Chevy Impala convertible."

When I questioned the authenticity the seller emailed me the following:

"These cars were purchased directly from RC/2 Ertl (the parent company of Johnny Lightning) at their Dyersville outlet store shortly after the 2004 fest.Perhaps they were not offered at the fest?? but they are exactly as offered at the company store.The covers with the 2004 "1 of 500" stickers were on the cars when purchased.Perhaps these are very rare cars. I also have a few more different cars that I do not have pictured-all with the red fest stickers.I feel that these are authentic, as they were produced by JL/Ertl."

Does anyone else own a set of these or have information on there history?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Looks to me like they just used up some left over lids with the stickers on them.
None of those cars were fest cars.
HTH
Keith

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
A few years ago I used to buy from a guy that worked in the J.L. plant, he must have been stealing right and left. Anywho, he would always send me those little stickers whenever I order anything.
I wouldn't bite.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
What Pomfish said....... The 2004 Fest car is the chrome green F&F Camaro. Glad no one is going ape---- on these with a rediculous bid.

But if you're looking for these, $25 for 4 cars is a great deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts