Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes boys and girls, contrary to their emphatically stating that there would not be THs in this line for 2004, HWs has come out with at least one. This morning one of the other collectors had one. It is the #99 Jeff Burton Taurus with the Hot Wheels paint scheme, you know when they sponsored him for what was it, one race. This is the kind of stuff that has really driven me away from HWs. Getting tired of the lies, you know, being told one thing and then having something completely the opposite happen, geesh. :rolleyes:
Anyway this car does look pretty sweet though. :thumbsup:
Happy hunting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As a former Mattel employee, I can tell you that Mattel is a HUGE company and sometimes this leads to information being wrong or confused and most likely whomever told you there wouldn't be an THs, was misinformed or wasn't involved when they decided to instead create some. The sponsorship of Burton happened literally in one-day, that's why basically an existing deco was used, rather then something more modern looking. Obvioiusly if you are going to do a full size car, you might as well do a diecast of it as well and a TH was probably the quickest and easiest thing to do, with the regular line already in place on being produced. Just trying to give you some perspective on the situation.

CB Dave

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, CB Dave, for the input. Below, is part of the info that I was going from.

The following is taken from HotWheelsCollectors.Com. Edited for space limitations.

New 2004 Nascars....are there TH's? vortex86 , HWC Member# 313977 posted 12-31-03 09:24 PM

I've wondered this. Only seen Stockerz and Test Track ones. Are there going to be TH's and series cars like before or not?

HWC Ray, HWC Administrator posted 01-01-04 11:24 PM 01-02-04 12:24 AM

There will not be "Treasure Hunts" but there will be a special series called artist collection which will feature a painting on the hood and are limited to 10,000 of each. Also there is only one non race car segment which will feature a new casting made especially for the line

1 - 3 of 3 Posts