Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't often pick out 1/64 Maisto castings - IMHO many of their castings are cheesy and wheel selections horrible. This little beauty really caught my eye, though:

·
Registered
842 Posts
About six months ago at Wallymart I saw the same model. I thought it looked great and bought it. At the time, I didn't know anything about the car, and after a little research, now know how interesting it is.

You are right about the Maisto Fresh Metal series, most of the castings are just not there as far as looks and wheels go. There are a few that I find worthwhile, so I get them.

Glad you scored one, too!

Very cool!

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good 54belair. It is great when you see a model and then need to find out more about the real thing!

Cheers Chris
Thanks, Chris. You are absolutely correct. With the car on my desk I went right to the net to find out more about it and was I was amazed: 113mpg @140mph in a 24-hour run. And it's just a bit sleeker than the Opel GT that I used to drive!

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is maybe a cleaner picture. The metallic silver over gloss yellow is a funky combination to photograph.

CDTI: Common rail Diesel Turbo Injection – a series of engines used in Opel and Vauxhall cars

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I've been watching at Wal-Mart but still haven't seen one yet. I've always liked Opel and will keep looking.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Funky is a great way to describe this colour combo 54belair! And thanks for the info on what the abbreviation stands for!

Learnt something new here. :)

Cheers Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts