Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recent was given a 2002 club car to tinker with. I got the motor running by jumping the solenoid with a cables and a new battery. I've just put in the new battery and starter/generator and solenoid and when I hit the gas pedal I hear the micro switches click but I get nothing from the solenoid and no start. I've move the wires around and no when I turn the key to the on position it bypasses the gas pedal and fires the motor. I've cleaned and checked every micro switch for continuity. Can someone please help me out so I can keep my sanity.
Thanx

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
You're probably hearing relays clicking...micro switches are physically acted upon by levers like parking brake or presence control etc. You'll have to have at least a test light, or a multi-meter to trouble-shoot this. If you can get your hands on the schematic, it would help a lot.
First test is to see if power is getting to the starter solenoid energizing wire when you turn the key/step on the pedal (depending on type of cart). If not, it could be a safety switch, key-switch or other issue like a broken wire/poor connection etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts