Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slow morning for me, so I thought I'd take pictures of both sides of the JL VW Transporter Type 2. The logo on each side is a different size.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
What's the deal with the license plate???

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
VWowner said:
What's the deal with the license plate???
These represent Johnny Lightning's years under Topper's ownership. This was specifically stated in the writeup for this VW in the JL Collector Club.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
AQUA XK8 said:
These represent Johnny Lightning's years under Topper's ownership.
I feel like Riley Poole in National Treasure.....

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
VWowner said:
I feel like Riley Poole in National Treasure.....
I here there's a large cashe of topper stuff never seen by the public from that era, hand-casted in a secret factory. If only we could break into the copyright offices in DC and liberate the original documents filed we could learn where they were mailed from. I'm betting we could find that abandoned factory and maybe find a clue that would lead us to the treasure. Maybe the treasure is still hidden inside the factory, since no one knows exactly where it is or what was produced there...

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Dragnet_Supporter said:
I here there's a large cashe of topper stuff never seen by the public from that era, hand-casted in a secret factory. If only we could break into the copyright offices in DC and liberate the original documents filed we could learn where they were mailed from. I'm betting we could find that abandoned factory and maybe find a clue that would lead us to the treasure. Maybe the treasure is still hidden inside the factory, since no one knows exactly where it is or what was produced there...

ROAD TRIP!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
David, (aka "Mr. Attention-To-Detail"), everytime you post pics of little details on JLs, I have to go check (if I have it in my collection, of course :drunk: ). This one is more obvious but I'll have to admit, I didn't pick up on it.
I was lucky enough to recently acquire the yellow Challenger from the AMT/Ertl Model kit (thanks for pickin' that up for me, Rich). You recently posted pics of yours over at the Garage and I was impressed w/ this model. Looking over this version, it appears to be one of the most, if not THE most detailed 1:64 JL Challenger. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts