Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These M2 car racks have alot of nice detail on them... Much better than I expected from pictures I saw of them !!!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
M2 did a great job on the lifts.....I went a little further though. I ground
down the bottoms so they sat better in my Dio and I took off the M2 tampo
on the side. I used my Dremel sanding drum to grind the foot pegs down so
they looked like they were bolted to the floor instead of floating. Took me 5
mins to grind them down. I was thinking to myself - ahhhhh much better.

I also ground down the 2 screw pegs on top as well as not all Cars fit on
these as the M2's do.... Jada sit much lower so they had to go.....

·
Registered
409 Posts
They are a Start, & i give them credit for producing something nobody else has yet, BUT they are 9ft high to the bottoms of your cars in scale height. I don't want to have to hire Kareem to work on my vehicles for me......LOL Do these diecast companies have people who research REAL items and then DO BASIC math to get the scale measurements? Its basic math that HS students can do & i would like to see these highly paid professionals make it look like they earned a degree and make stuff to the SCALE they state it is and not just wing it and say it looks good ( which it don't most the time).

Even most of the GL accesories are out of scale when you put a caliper and calculator to it and do the MATH.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
They are a Start, & i give them credit for producing something nobody else has yet, BUT they are 9ft high to the bottoms of your cars in scale height. I don't want to have to hire Kareem to work on my vehicles for me......LOL Do these diecast companies have people who research REAL items and then DO BASIC math to get the scale measurements? Its basic math that HS students can do & i would like to see these highly paid professionals make it look like they earned a degree and make stuff to the SCALE they state it is and not just wing it and say it looks good ( which it don't most the time).

Even most of the GL accesories are out of scale when you put a caliper and calculator to it and do the MATH.
Well put. I honestly don't mind if it's a couple inches off, but feet is a little absurd. I like to try and maintain a reasonably accurate 1/64 collection.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I haven't seen those around here yet, definitely want to pick a couple up!!! Are they stationary in the "up" position, or does the rack move?

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW... Ran across this one I posted in November of 2009...
Well, now it looks more the two rack garage has turned into a multi car rack warehouse... Now we have Auto Zone racks as well as 50 Year Mustang racks...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts