Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Great work! I've always had my eye on Geometric's Mummy and plan to get it. How was it to build? It's vynal - isn't it?! Never worked with the stuff myself...

·
Starship Class
11,880 Posts
EXCELLENT!

I can't tell that your mummy is not a human in make-up. Incredible work!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

AFILMDUDE: It's a very easy build, I think only 7 pieces.
It is made of vinyl but the hands are in resin (for whatever reason)

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
great job Trendon !! i've always thought those Sideshow figures would make nice conversions to model and bash with different bases etc .
the choice of the dragon statues was inspired ( and they match his candle holder too ) .
i've been thinking about doing a dio with their son of Franenstein figs . but i'm also hesitant a bit because they do seem to be getting harder to find .
then again it would be so much fun ...
love seeing these monster figs .
hb

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Beautiful work Trendon - very nice bases, simple but detailed enough to compliment the figure. The thematic use of the dragons was well thought out.

Chris

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Trendon,
Outstanding work on the Geo Mummy. Could you give us a little insight into how you finished it? What base colors, washes, highlights did you use?

BTW - At 1/8 scale, how tall is the Mummy? About 9 inches? The reason I ask is that I have a dio in mind, but all the figures need to be the same height.

Rob

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gee...:confused:
I did this model a few months back but did the finishing touches on the base a few days ago and that's why I hadn't posted pictures of it sooner.

If memory serves, I panted him with a dark drown base coat.
I then dry-brushed with medium to light browns.
I then gave him a full body wash with a cream-sand colored paint.
Then, I washed certain areas with different colored browns and even black around his eyes and mouth.

I'll have to get back to you on the height of this guy because my Son has misplaced the ruler.
My guess would be around 10 inches.

Thanks again to everyone for the wonderful comments, I really appreciate it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts