·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did I finally stump the folks on HT?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
My internet is acting up (Can't view photoshop - something about connection being reset), but I believe the Bronco is by ljn, not lin, they are probably most famous for the "Rough Riders" which competed with the Stompers, these are just like the mini penny racer size versions and called something else.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My internet is acting up (Can't view photoshop - something about connection being reset), but I believe the Bronco is by ljn, not lin, they are probably most famous for the "Rough Riders" which competed with the Stompers, these are just like the mini penny racer size versions and called something else.
Closer inspection and it is LJN...thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
The Sanrio Porsche 930 is probably a Eraser vehicle with a friction motor.

NOT MY AUCTIONs - - Sanrio Lot - 4 Porsche 930 Rubber Erasers/Friction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanrio-LOT-...40271?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item2c606ee0cf

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanrio-PORS...-Erasers-w-Friction-Motors-Mint-/230851383512

The "LJN" is a "Stunt Riders" - Here is pictures of my own still in package.

I'm unsure of date for your wife's or mine other then on car 1982 (if it was a Hot Wheels that would mean 1983 was the first release probably).

Little added info LJN is connected to "Universal" - the same "Universal" that bought Matchbox in this era.

My LJN - STUNT RIDERS - FORD BRONCO

My Package Back - shows other models and how they work.

Great Finds for your Wife's collection! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

NUMBER ONE REASON TO COLLECT DIECAST : ENJOYMENT !!!
SO KEEP ON ENJOYING,
Dan (Zeezeerider)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Some Afterthought Info -

There are Matchbox packaged versions of the Stunt Riders - later release -
that I never seen a base of a Matchbox one so I don't know if they are different bases but according to Charlie Mack's "Universal's Matchbox Toys" -
some of the LJN and Kidco products were placed also in Matchbox packages without any change to the toys - other then the packages.

And there where several different products - first one coming to mind are Kidco Key Cars changed into Matchbox packaging for certain markets.

NUMBER ONE REASON TO COLLECT DIECAST : ENJOYMENT !!!
SO KEEP ON ENJOYING,
Dan (Zeezeerider)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts