Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a very small diecast toy show yesterday and my first one. Did a trade on a JL and bought a HW, so all cool.

Came across a dealer selling M2 chases and lo and behold found a 58' Plymouth Fury chase--one of my favorite cars. Box was kinda beat up and had dirt on it, like outdoor dirt but I didn't care as long as the car was good and it was. Asked what he wanted for it and he said 5 bucks--SOLD I said lol.

About 3 months prior I found a M2 57' Dodge Custom Royal Lancer chase while at Hobby Lobby, my first chase ever and totally unexpected and I had a 40% off coupon too-so I was a happy man that day lol

Wasn't until today while taking pics that I noticed the Fury has a gold engine and the Lancer does not. Is it because of the different lines--AUTO-DREAMS/AUTO-THENTICS???:confused:

58' Plymouth Fury

57' Dodge Custom Royal Lancer

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
I'm pretty sure i have both these cars, let me check mine, and awesome deal on the Fury, that car always holds a special place in my collection, my first m2 chase found in wild.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok thanks for checking CraigO. The Fury is really my favorite and the gold is really striking.

Like I said I didn't notice the difference til I got to taking the pics lol

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I just checked mine and the Motors are correct for both Cars in color.. It's just what Sean came up with to make each Car unique for each Release. That is my guess.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for checking guys!

Not that I care if it was a variation but I really love the gold/black on these cars and wanted to share my finds :wave:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Some of the 1:1 '58 Fury's had the air cleaners and the valve covers painted gold. It makes sense to me, that it was probably easier for M2 just to paint the whole engine gold than to try and paint everything in detail.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some of the 1:1 '58 Fury's had the air cleaners and the valve covers painted gold. It makes sense to me, that it was probably easier for M2 just to paint the whole engine gold than to try and paint everything in detail.

Yeah I knew about the air cleaners painted gold and you are probably right--thanks for pointing that out bbodylover!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts