Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Hobby Shop has a great selection of the old JL Playing Mantis line. Here are 2 recent purchases:

The metallic green Ford is especially cool! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Nice buys!

Seeing that you are from the Pittsburgh area, I'm guessing that you bought them at the hobby store that Jim owns, or from Scott.

If you are looking for older Johnny Lightning cars, I can help, and there won't be shipping cost because I live in the Pittsburgh area. :wave:

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
love that 55 pannel one of my favorites in my loose collection.i only got a few one the zingels i liked but i did get most if not all the pannels.great stuff:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice! I'd love to see what other Playing Mantis pieces they have on offer.
Hey Dan!
Next time I'm at the shop, I'll try and snap a few photos to post of their Playing Mantis JLs. I usually have my camera with me when I travel. They also have a nice small collection of AHL trucks! :thumbsup:
Frank

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice buys!

Seeing that you are from the Pittsburgh area, I'm guessing that you bought them at the hobby store that Jim owns, or from Scott.

If you are looking for older Johnny Lightning cars, I can help, and there won't be shipping cost because I live in the Pittsburgh area. :wave:
Hey STUTZ!
Yep, that hobby shop is one cool place. I've been going there since I was a kid (at the time, it was in the Dormont area). With the computer shopping age, I know hobby shops have a tougher time staying in business, so that's one of the reasons why I like to frequent this shop. Besides, he's got a LOT of older diecast...it's like goin' back in time! When I was in the hobby in the late 90's, I bought quite a few JLs from him!
Maybe we'll bump into each other down the road!:thumbsup:
Frank

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Hey STUTZ!
Yep, that hobby shop is one cool place. I've been going there since I was a kid (at the time, it was in the Dormont area). With the computer shopping age, I know hobby shops have a tougher time staying in business, so that's one of the reasons why I like to frequent this shop. Besides, he's got a LOT of older diecast...it's like goin' back in time! When I was in the hobby in the late 90's, I bought quite a few JLs from him!
Maybe we'll bump into each other down the road!
Frank

I started going to A.B. Charles in the late '70's Frank. I stoped there today and took these pictures of the slot car tracks that are downstairs.

I went to Upper St.Clair to buy a small diecast collection from a guy I met at TJ's last weekend, so I deceided to stop at A.B. Charles first. I bought some very nice cars today!

Here's a couple pictures of the slot car dragstrip.

Here's the 1/32 / 1/24 scale slot car track.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
A picture of all the slot car tracks.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great pix there, STUTZ!:thumbsup: My 15 year old son LOVES the big 1/32-1/24 slot track! When we both go to AB, he'll warm up at that track while I do my diecast shopping. Then we both race each other for a while. He's quite good! I've always enjoyed shopping (and hanging out) at AB Charles!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
493 Posts
guess we should all make plans to go down there one day lol...im do to make a trip soon as they had a few cars i wanted last time but didnt have the extra cash on me...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts