Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I know that specktrum and losi are interchangeable. Both will work with the other.

Shaun
Yeah, but that's kinda the exception to the rule because they are both made/owned by the same parent company-Horizon hobby. So the losi receivers are just rebadged spektrum gear anyway.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, I figured that. I was mainly wondering because Tower Hobbies has their brand of receivers for about $25 and would try one just to see, but don't want to spend the money if it definitely won't work with a Spektrum or FASST system.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Who ever makes Tactic is the same as tower hobbies. But one thing I did notice is they call it a "Spread Spectrum" radio in the description. Isnt that a Spectrum trademark? Just like Futaba is fasst and Airtronics is fhss. If thats the case it probably is a Spectrum and may be compatible with other Spectrum stuff, maybe?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who ever makes Tactic is the same as tower hobbies. But one thing I did notice is they call it a "Spread Spectrum" radio in the description. Isnt that a Spectrum trademark? Just like Futaba is fasst and Airtronics is fhss. If thats the case it probably is a Spectrum and may be compatible with other Spectrum stuff, maybe?
Spektrum with a "k" is trademarked, but spread spectrum with a "c" is not. Just as Novak's GTB system is spread spectrum, it's just a general term, not an actual name.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts