Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Futaba FASST system and im wondering if I can use recievers from other brands with it. In particular the Ko Propo KR-408S Micro.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Receiver interchangeability used to be sketchy as it was but since everybody went to 2.4 ghz systems it's gotten even worse. As I understand it everybodys system operates just a little different than the next companies so they aren't interchangeable. Heck even Futaba has a new 2PL system out that isn't interchangeable with the current FASST system. :confused: One exception to the rule is certain Spektrum systems with the Losi 2.4 ghz systems mostly because Losi is owned by Horizon and Spektrum is either owned or at least distributed exclusively (can't remember if they are owned or not) by Horizon.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Receiver interchangeability used to be sketchy as it was but since everybody went to 2.4 ghz systems it's gotten even worse. As I understand it everybodys system operates just a little different than the next companies so they aren't interchangeable. Heck even Futaba has a new 2PL system out that isn't interchangeable with the current FASST system. :confused: One exception to the rule is certain Spektrum systems with the Losi 2.4 ghz systems mostly because Losi is owned by Horizon and Spektrum is either owned or at least distributed exclusively (can't remember if they are owned or not) by Horizon.
:wave:The Futaba 2PL is a crystal transmitter not a 2.4 system. There's your reason they won't interchange. All the 3PM, 3PK and 3PKS 2.4 systems will interchange receivers, unless your using other that Futaba receivers.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Actually if you look at Futabas or Towers website they also now have a 2.4ghz 2PL available. :p They however have a different programming (or whatever the guy told me) so they don't work with FASST equipment. To bad as the receivers are much cheaper. :(

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
To make matters more difficult, as I understand it the new Tactic (made by Futaba) used by Duratrax and the Traxxas versions of 2.4 aren't compatible with other systems either.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Actually if you look at Futabas or Towers website they also now have a 2.4ghz 2PL available. :p They however have a different programming (or whatever the guy told me) so they don't work with FASST equipment. To bad as the receivers are much cheaper. :(
WOW your correct about the 2PL it is offered in 2.4Mhz. I buzzed over to the Futaba site and shazam there it was. Sorry for correcting you OvalmanPA.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Not a problem. :)

nutz4rc brings up something I'm wondering now. If the Tactic isn't compatible with the FASST system, I wonder if it's based more on the new 2 PL radio equipment? Hmmm........wonder if they'd tell me the truth if I fired off an email with that question? :lol:

Wouldn't the world be a better place if everybodies 2.4 systems were interchangeable? We can wish can't we? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Not a problem. :)

nutz4rc brings up something I'm wondering now. If the Tactic isn't compatible with the FASST system, I wonder if it's based more on the new 2 PL radio equipment? Hmmm........wonder if they'd tell me the truth if I fired off an email with that question? :lol:

Wouldn't the world be a better place if everybodies 2.4 systems were interchangeable? We can wish can't we? :rolleyes:
Yeah, but remember what happened when people found out the Mini-Slider receivers were compatible with Spektrum equipment? The price went from $40 to $80 overnight. There is no way the powers that be are going to let us save money by making stuff compatible.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
How true. :( I suppose they blamed it on "changing prices of components" too. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts