Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Milezone, Tomy/JL has canceled the 2.0 line for the remainder of '12...it is said that Tom Zahorsky is working on new line(s) for 2013, but the metal-based cars are no more for this year.

I for one am very upset by this piece of news!

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
this hobby sucks any more can't find any thing in the stores if you don't buy in bulk and have an ebay store you never find whites. I remember the good old days I'd hit afew choice stores and come home with (not fibbing here) five or more W/Ls.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
According to what I have been told:

2.0 Release 13 is still be considered and has not officially been canceled. Release 14 has.

They are working on a RE-LAUNCH of the product for 2013 which is why they were canceled. (I believe this is the fourth re-launch of this product they have done.)

·
Premium Member
15,494 Posts
If there is a new 2.0 series (whenever, if ever) I won't find any in my local stores.

I think it's time for Johnny Lightning to "stick a fork in it".

My older JL cars never looked so good. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
In perspective -

The line was less than 1% of Learning curves total revenue - now with Tomy prob less than .25%.

Hard to put a good focus on something that doesn't even make a blip on the financial radar.

Not their key focus, not their bread-n-butter. Agree it should be sold to someone who can give proper attention.

Dip

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Flushhhhhhh.

Bye bye JL

Translation: we are focusing on reducing costs and making cheaper products that our Asian manufacturer's kids can put together faster and for less rice. The metal base cars were getting too heavy an giving the 3 year old carpal tunnel prematurely so we are going to plastic.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Not sure if this has been brought up already or not, but the 1:24th line has been brought to a halt too. R56 & R57 were both dropped.

The whole company is screwed up. The farm line is just as bad. Don't know what their deal is on production since Tomy took over, but its hard to get any product! Constant delays, and then when something sells out, its 6 months before its available again!

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Flushhhhhhh.

Bye bye JL

Translation: we are focusing on reducing costs and making cheaper products that our Asian manufacturer's kids can put together faster and for less rice. The metal base cars were getting too heavy an giving the 3 year old carpal tunnel prematurely so we are going to plastic.
could not have said it beeter.nice one eric:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.