Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of our first drag cars. been in r/c for a long time. never had a drag car, my boy and i just built these, 2 rj speed pro mods, stock electrics for right now till spring time. when we can acttuly run them outside.

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what motor are you running or going to run?
they look sweat!
Right now i have a "new" old trinity monster horse mod in mine,the boys has a 19t komodo dragon in it, tekin speed controls in both. just on 6 cells right now. probably will go lipo and brushless. just need a place to drag in nw. pa. still want a couple of sets of the parma hemi coupe wheels and tires,some more body work with stickers.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I would like to build one I have a 5700 mm would like to run a funny car or pro stock.
dont have any plase to run.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The RJ Speed cars are really nice basic drag chassis at a great price. Your Pro Mods look great and its good to hear you have your son involved.
My drag cars are sitting on the shelf for almost 10 years, no place to race them in my area...Yet.

·
Registered
304 Posts
im trying to get hold of cam to get my pic of my drag car on here. its a saleen body one a cyclone s fame, with a 9t 2xwound motor, no speedo running 6 cells at 1800 for now with a gear of 85t spur and a 23t pinion. i had to order foam tires b/c it was spinning out so bad would get about 5ft and it was tire hope like real drag cars do some times.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The RJ Speed cars are really nice basic drag chassis at a great price. Your Pro Mods look great and its good to hear you have your son involved.
My drag cars are sitting on the shelf for almost 10 years, no place to race them in my area...Yet.
Figured rj was a cheap way to get started to see if if would hold or interst, oh yeah it does! I can see some high $ cars in the future, even if there are no tracks around. A Llot of fun..........

·
Registered
641 Posts
with the rj speed cars. spend a little extra money and get the metal rear hubs. the plastic one rj gives you set screws will strip out. and hub will slip on axle. also good starter car kit is grand motor sport spec kit. same thing though change the rear hubs
a good setup motor and battery for a 2.0 sec car . is a 6.5 novak and a 2s lipoboth the rj speed and grand motor sport spec have a 11" wheel base . so depending on battery you use can either be a promod /funny car. or a supergas. thats either 3s or 2s lipoim not sure where cloudsville is but we have a track in central jersey

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with the rj speed cars. spend a little extra money and get the metal rear hubs. the plastic one rj gives you set screws will strip out. and hub will slip on axle. also good starter car kit is grand motor sport spec kit. same thing though change the rear hubs
a good setup motor and battery for a 2.0 sec car . is a 6.5 novak and a 2s lipoboth the rj speed and grand motor sport spec have a 11" wheel base . so depending on battery you use can either be a promod /funny car. or a supergas. thats either 3s or 2s lipoim not sure where cloudsville is but we have a track in central jersey
Thanks for the info, it will be put to use.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts