Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are people still running 2S pancars? All I ever see mentioned on here is 1S. What motors are being run with each.

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
I'm running 21.5 2S with the 10.5 1S guys. Pretty close. Also do a little 17.5 2S. 7.5 1S would be close to that class. Too much 2S stuff for sale so may as well run it til they drop dead!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
For the most part it is all 1S now. The last BRL race had no 2S stuff, and the first one only had about 7 I think. At Oval Masters there was only 6 or 7 in 21.5 2S with over 40 in the 13.5 1S class.

For oval 2S is "old", and the 1S is the latest and greatest.

The classes are 17.5 Trucks, 13.5 COT, 10.5, and 7.5 with nationwide bodies. If you are buying new stuff you might as well get on the 1S bandwagon.

IMO even with the S\speed control deal 1S is the best thing that happened to RC racing since I started 18ish years ago. We have division in classes, and a clear picture of how to move up in speed. A lot of this is also due to TOUR. That group for the most part has brought stability to racing.

Greg-
If you plan on racing at either Greeneville, or Rosewood you need to get 1S stuff.

Joel White

·
Registered
827 Posts
Still all 2s in Arizona and California. Not to change the subject, but I'm not even sure if there is any other Pan Car oval racing west of the Mississippi except AZ & CA. Anybody else out there?

Gary McAllister

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
They do in Denver, but they are mixed right now as well. They are slowly in transition though. With Joe and the South West Tour out in Cali it seems like they are going to stick with 2S stuff as he has a contract with Orion and as far as I know they dont do 1S. Also it may be tough for 1S on the big velo tracks that they frequent out there.

·
Registered
382 Posts
This sounds a lot like the switch from 6 cell to 4 cell those many years back. We ran both for a while then slowly everyone made the change and haven't looked back. I have been trying to get some interest in pan cars up here in South Dakota, but so far nothing. It's a short trip to Omaha, so I try to get down there on occasion.
Herd a rumor that they were going to do some pan car oval in Sioux City Iowa but so far it's just a rumor.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
LOL we all wanted the 1 cell style pack when we changed from 4 cell to 2 cell lipo now we have it and we can go back to the motor winds we had in the first place 13.5 and 10.5.We should have just keept running 4 cell til the one cell lipo was ready we kicked our own azzz buying 2 cell lipos and diffrent motor winds 21.5 to go with them and supper flex cars to work good with them now time to go back to where we left off.:wave:

Jake

·
Registered
980 Posts
We are still running 21.5/2 cell in Omaha @ HobbyPlex, a little west of the Missouri

Everyone had a good time with the class last year, the batteries and motors didn't go bad... so we keep on doing it.

We do run 13.5/1 cell COT regularly and I am working on a 10.5/1 cell car to run when the BRL comes to town.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
For "nationwide" it is the THD and some run the CHD. For the COT class it is the Protoform TCC, and for the trucks it is the Protoform ORT. For me that is all I run is Protoform bodies.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
We are in about the same situation, we plan to run the 21.5 and 10.5 together until summer break. A lot of guys have started running 13.5 as well and that class may take over the break out class.
We are still running 21.5/2 cell in Omaha @ HobbyPlex, a little west of the Missouri

Everyone had a good time with the class last year, the batteries and motors didn't go bad... so we keep on doing it.

We do run 13.5/1 cell COT regularly and I am working on a 10.5/1 cell car to run when the BRL comes to town.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We are still running the 2cell lipo oval with a noval 21.5 at the ground pounders club in Nor Cal.but the 4 cell class will probably be a 1 cell lipo class next year but no decision on the motors yet or the 1 cell type battery yet.Alot of the oval racers are waiting to see what new oval cars that will be coming out soon as well as new speed controllers for the single cell will be availble.GO FAST TURN LEFT MY FRIENDS.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Naaaa, if you have the desire to go fast and turn left, you are an oval racer! lol
Cliff,

There are lots of guys racing OVAL all over the U.S., but they are NOT "Oval Racers" cause they are NOT on HobbyTalk!!! LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts