Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a B2 Buggy that I bought like 6 months ago for my son We totally have rebuilt it and it has a 19 turn motor. Here is my question I have a 8 turn motor thats new just sitting on the work bench and I have a ESC to handle it. How much power improvement would I see if I ran an 8 turn compared to this 19 turm speed gem the 8 turns a older model D6....

Would their be significant speed gain?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Prolly like 81/15 really depends on tires as well. it will be almost undriveable for you at first because going from a 19t to a 8t is like going from a 4 cylinder in a chevette to a 454.

·
Bret Lund
2,684 Posts
gunlocators said:
What would be a gearing suggestion I think I am running a 81 / 21 right now
It really depends on what your doing...If your just running up and down the street to watch it rip, leave the gear the same, your going to see a HUGE difference in speed. If your on a track, and you feel the 81/21 is right for the 19 turn, you'll have to drop about 5 teeth on the pinion to take advantage of the 8 turn's RPM's and not risk overheating it.

Later, Bret

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Can you say overpowered

A 8T in a 2 wheel drive buggy is going to be a wild ride. On a track it will be almost uncontrollable.
In the street, it will be crazy fast and still hard to control. Depending on what batteries you have expect the run time to drop also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts