Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a yamaha wavejammer that started really nice on the trailer, but as soon as I put it in the water it quit and won't start. It has good spark\compression,and being that it ran good, never got used and died after being bounced around I tend to think fuel problem,but it appears to draw fuel through the filter when cranked.I have a long winter to fix it but it sure would help if someone could point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good while it lasted

I bought this machine to move leaves on my deck and back yard, and to clear water off the deck. It did this all very well for two and one half years. This past week I was clearing leaves and it started running very rough. Was able to finish but next morning it would not start, not fire a lick. It was getting gas, but upon checking, the fire seemed somewhat erratic. I put in a new plug and still would not hit. My experience repairing these small cheap engines has been poor so I gave it to a friend for parts. I would recommend this machine to someone for light useage. I personally would not purchase another one since I do use the blower pretty often. In fact I've already replaced it with a Stihl.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I have a yamaha wavejammer that started really nice on the trailer, but as soon as I put it in the water it quit and won't start. It has good sparkcompression,and being that it ran good, never got used and died after being bounced around I tend to think fuel problem,but it appears to draw fuel through the filter when cranked.I have a long winter to fix it but it sure would help if someone could point me in the right direction.
Just a thought;
I had a Polaris 750 that would run great and then hit a wave and quit, a real pain. The problem ended up being the previous owner liked to dunk it and the seal on the electrical box in the bottom of the hull let water in and corroded the contacts to the point that when I removed the circuit board half of the wires fell off, so if you have such a sealed box or whatever it might be worth checking. Have a good one. Geo

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I bought this machine to move leaves on my deck and back yard, and to clear water off the deck. It did this all very well for two and one half years. This past week I was clearing leaves and it started running very rough. Was able to finish but next morning it would not start, not fire a lick. It was getting gas, but upon checking, the fire seemed somewhat erratic. I put in a new plug and still would not hit. My experience repairing these small cheap engines has been poor so I gave it to a friend for parts. I would recommend this machine to someone for light useage. I personally would not purchase another one since I do use the blower pretty often. In fact I've already replaced it with a Stihl.
What machine are you talking about and do you want to fix it. Have a good one. Geo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts