Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is there an interest in the Mark Cross addition as in Woody style? I wonder if they will tool this casting to be a hardtop, and convertible. Nice way to get three variations from it as well, more if you count the woody options.

I actually put some major effort in getting a Mark Cross version in a rag top but I think they all broke apart before I could find one.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
To be honest... never heard of Mark Cross...

While garden variety Aries, Reliant, LeBaron, and other K-car types are hardly likely to prove collectible any time soon, there are some low production cars that could prove a fair investment at today's "used car" pricing levels. The aforementioned Chrysler's TC by Maserati is one, as is the LeBaron Mark Cross (especially if equipped with the Town & Country optional trim) convertible. The Chrysler Executive Sedans and Limousines were never made in large quantities, either. The Shelby Daytonas, while considerably more common, are nevertheless a good bet, too, if for no other reason than their connection with their namesake

·
Registered
343 Posts
Right. No Plymouth Reliant convertible. No Dodge Aries convertible. Only Chrysler LeBarron and Dodge 400 were convertibles. Now, to go with those 1982 model year convertible introductions, I want to see the 1982 Buick Riviera convertible.

·
Registered
972 Posts
ranchero said:
Right. No Plymouth Reliant convertible. No Dodge Aries convertible. Only Chrysler LeBarron and Dodge 400 were convertibles. Now, to go with those 1982 model year convertible introductions, I want to see the 1982 Buick Riviera convertible.
and an El Dorado of similar vintage would be nice too. While we are on that subject of 80's convertibles, how about an 88-89 Cavalier Z24? I have owned a 1:1 89 since new and would love to see a 1/64 diecast done of it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well sure, why not model all those convertibles that were revived in the '80s? A period Mustang would be ideal but why not have Motor Max cover all the bases with the much less desirable and much more obscure Sunbird convetible? Another (late) '80s convertible that must not have produced by any manufacturer in any scale is the Cadillac Allante.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dear All:

Agreed here,no Reliant Convertibles.

The Le Baron Convertible was molded,in the 1980's,by Road Champs,so the Reliant will be a good companion to it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
ranchero said:
Another (late) '80s convertible that must not have produced by any manufacturer in any scale is the Cadillac Allante.

Dear Ranchero:

Matchbox and Majorette offered Miniatures of the Allante.

Nick K

·
Registered
132 Posts
Don´t make less the launch of the 1983 Reliant. Maybe could consider like a reliable but dull car ( like the Toyota Corolla of any year) but saves Chrysler, and I think is a good and excellent idea to bring this car some respect like MM do with Pacer, Vega and Pinto. Those cars are de drivers cars, and is more graceful to see small cars of this kind of cars than diecast cars of exotic supercars.
This is because it feel goods to see in small scale diecast car the vehicle that one`s drive and feel great if one toy manufacturer make that car, and even more with realistic looks like Fresh cherries does

Thanks God for this division, and hoping more popular american cars from yours

Best regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts