Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for my awful photography. But how many were made with mixed wheels? White Lightning up front and Tenth Anniversary in rear.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The lettering was suppose to be different from side to side, since the lettering front to back is a error nobody will ever know how many exactly. Unless Mark noticed it and counted them before he bagged all of them.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
The above info is accurate from what I can tell.

Man I love that dinner surprize hurst olds,that is one hot olds for sure...I have 3 of them #028,#113 and #008 is loose...my Son has #131:cool:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
triple20 said:
The above info is accurate from what I can tell.

Man I love that dinner surprize hurst olds,that is one hot olds for sure...I have 3 of them #028,#113 and #008 is loose...my Son has #131:cool:
Walter, Are you Sure you have #008 on your Olds???;) Mine has #008 on it...Here a Pic.:wave:

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
triple20 said:
OMGosh! Hey Joe, I have the number #008 car also...something is not right here:eek:

Are there two #008 cars?:confused:
i cant wait to see this tale told,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'm sure Mark will be contacting PM when he sees this post to get their response.

In the meantime, I suppose it would be a good time to start a registry of these cars to see if there are other duplicate numbers.

I'll start another post today regarding the registry. But for now, if you have one of the Lightning Fest 2004 Dinner cars, send me an email with the following info for the registry to [email protected]

Name
Address
City,St, Zip

HobbyTalk Id

Car Description (LF2004 Cuda or LF2004 Olds)

Car Serial Number

Comments (Dinner Participant, Ebay Purchase, HobbyTalk Purchase)

Look for another post later today, or this evening, regarding expansion of the Johnny Lightning registry to include the PSR's, Thank You Cars and other Dinner Cars.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Very Good Idea!!!!:thumbsup: Yes. I would like to See the out com..2 #008 Olds Dinner cars....

rwwcarguy said:
I'm sure Mark will be contacting PM when he sees this post to get their response.

In the meantime, I suppose it would be a good time to start a registry of these cars to see if there are other duplicate numbers.

I'll start another post today regarding the registry. But for now, if you have one of the Lightning Fest 2004 Dinner cars, send me an email with the following info for the registry to [email protected]

Name
Address
City,St, Zip

HobbyTalk Id

Car Description (LF2004 Cuda or LF2004 Olds)

Car Serial Number

Comments (Dinner Participant, Ebay Purchase, HobbyTalk Purchase)

Look for another post later today, or this evening, regarding expansion of the Johnny Lightning registry to include the PSR's, Thank You Cars and other Dinner Cars.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
The cars get random packed in the boxes out of serialized order and I got these cars so late that I actually ended up bagging them at around 3:00a.m. in the morning one day before Fest. It wasn't until close to the end that I even discovered that the white car had two different wheels. At that point, 2/3rd had already been bagged so I kinda took a straw poll on the rest. It seemed like the split was about 60/40 and at that time I had no idea that every car had two of each wheel. The surprise car is a surprise car to all so I was not clued in on this wheel scenerio. I also found what looked like two #10 cars and wondered if I was going nuts or not seeing well or if some of the numbers that hit different areas of the car looked goofy or what? There was NO WAY I was going to open all the bags and see if there was dups or not and I figured it was a glitch so I gave a #10 each to HT sponsors and figured it was a one time thing.

There were an exact amount of cars and no number I ever saw went over 175 but then again I never saw number 175 so perhaps it ended at 173 due to skips? The only thing that would have me really worried is if there was a number LARGER than I was given. The PSR cars came out exact because I had to match those up with the numbered Title cards and that came out perfect. The only problem there was, one car had no engine so we made it the racer. The TYC's came out as well without any problems as again, there were no left over cards.

This is kinda weird and I sent a message to PM to see if they could place some thought on this.

Mark

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Thanks to Mark and Bobby

for checking into this for us,maybe PM could use this against the factory to give the people in QC a wake up call and start paying a little more attention to detail (detail,the one thing we all love about JL)

either way I still love these hurst olds,my home will be open to any of these cars that ever become unwanted orphans.

in the meantime I'm going to work on getting my #008 photographed to post so there is no question about my car number.

:)

forgot to mention...a warning for the faint of heart...my #008 olds is loose:D

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Walter

Is your number on a smooth part of the casting? The reason I ask is, there is more than one spot that the numbers were placed. Some went over the drive line, muffler etc. All the numbers are flat on the top as well which meant some of the numbers are hard to read when they hit a non smooth surface. Why all the numbers are flat is another question I had. Is there any way that either of these numbers could be something else? I'm not doubting you, just asking?

Secondly, does anybody have a number from either Dinner Car that goes over 175? If so, we have a big worry. If not, it could have simply been a hic-up in the process. The TYC error was found to be another car in question so I'm hoping this can be worked out too.

R

·
0 Posts
Well, everybody make sure and create a big deal out of this and I can pretty much guarantee that these will be the last numbered cars we EVER get

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Thats a good point Rob but if we handle it right, with perhaps pics.....then PM/RC2 can use this as a tool to help it from happening again.

Obviously there is no reason why anybody would want to do this on purpose. Lets face it, it's not worth the negatives and there is no way to hide something like this so it has to be a production hitch, nothing more. There is no grassy knoll, no hidden agenda but two good pics of the car 008 could be used to bring those aware of a potential major problem.

Lets work this out and keep level headed about it.

Mark:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts