Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv done so research on some of these hot wheels i found a few days ago.

these 2 im having a hard time finding. i went to south dixie diecast and could'nt find them

maybe someone can give an estimate what they would go for mint in the package?

thanks

that is the production year for both

1975 porshe and 1979 corvette

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have both of those and I think the Corvette came from a Happy Meal in the late '80s. I don't recall if that is also where the Porsche came from. The other possibiity could be the same era Kellogg's give-away. Just going by memory......20 years ago, now.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just saw the black Porsche on card at TTP tonight, and looked it up on STD. Look under P-911, and the black with gold bw is listed, right around 1987 or 88 as I recall.

The Corvette I am less familiar with, but Happy Meal sounds possible. The tampos are similar to some done in the late '80's.

BTW:

that is the production year for both

1975 porshe and 1979 corvette
Those are not the production years. Those are the dates on the bottom, and they are the copyright or patent dates, in these and most cases the year *before* the *first* version was ever made. Both of these very obviously were made several years later.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I actually went back this morning and bought that P-911 on card. It is a "rainbow road" card, which pretty well dates it to around '87-'88 as a release date.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
On The Corvette. Check to see if the rear wheels can be raised or lowered. This looks like it is part of a 2 pack. The Vette Van and the 63 Corvette both had rear axles that could be raised and lowered. These came out back in 86-87. Otherwise it is probably a repaint.
The 63 corvette was used pretty extensively in the 80's.
As to how much one can get, I do not know.
Richard

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok kool.. thankd for the info.
the corvette doesnt raise its wheels.

i checked them both out. they both around th $5 range and nothing to rare.
came out in the 80's
i checked south texas diecast.com it was hard to pinpoint what cars i had without the original packaging.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts