Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know we are getting the 1970-1972 Maverick, 1971-1973 Pinto and 1971-1973 Vega in 2005. I am pleading with JL to made the "companion make" versions of these cars to make all that time developing the casting more fruitful. In each case, the only changes that must be made to the body are front grill and taillights. You guys can do it!

1971-1972 Mercury Comet. Same as the Maverick and almost as cool. There is a 71 Comet GT up the street from me and it is one cool car.
1975 Mercury Bobcat. Now this car came out in 1975, and is just like the Pinto. If JL does a 1974 or later Pinto, then the Bobcat should also be considered.
1974-1977 Pontiac Astre was arguably better looking than the related Vega. Again, same exact body with a different grill and taillights. If JL does the 1974-1977 Vega (They must, to do a Cosworth version), then the Astre is a must. Some of the Formula and GT striping packages were cool. (The Astre was sold in the U.S. in 1975-1977. Canada got the 1974 Astre a year before the U.S. did.)

Please!!!!!! -Robert

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I'm pretty sure that alternate versions of the coming cars (Gremlin, Maverick, Pinto, Vega) will be available down the line ... maybe not the alternates listed above, but alternates nonetheless. And I can practically GUARANTEE that, if it's the same thing that TL was talking about when I was there, it will excite lots of people on this board. In the meantime, I'm happy just for any version of the models announced!

jk

·
Registered
209 Posts
it would be nice if they make a 1975 vega gt wagon in mint green because i used to have one of them with the 4 speed gear box

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Jeff Koch said:
I'm pretty sure that alternate versions of the coming cars (Gremlin, Maverick, Pinto, Vega) will be available down the line ... maybe not the alternates listed above, but alternates nonetheless. And I can practically GUARANTEE that, if it's the same thing that TL was talking about when I was there, it will excite lots of people on this board. In the meantime, I'm happy just for any version of the models announced!
Not sure what that's hinting at, but AWESOME!

And count me in for Mercury Bobcats, Pontiac Astres, and Mercury Comets! :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts