Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a chance to handle some new 1:43 cars, and we being mainly a 1:18 scale supplier, we're not sure what the interest level would be for these. We have a sample and the paint looks to be of very high quality. They have the main body color, a nlack Boss 302 side stripe, blacked out hood & trunk lid, a rear spoiler, and the magum 500 style factory mag wheels. I just took it out of the display case it comes in (fairly thick plastic) and noticed it has a very thin antenna, and windshield wipers. Trim around the glass looks to be photo-etch, and chassis is detailed one piece, with molded in floorpan lines, dual exhaust, suspension, etc'. Does have very small MUSTANG lettering across the deck lid. They are to retail at $79.95 so would like your honest thoughts. Thanks in advance. Photo's below.

One more, as tried a close up... sorry, as it looks MUCH better than this...

We're told they will also make a Calypso Corral Boss 302, and possibly some 1970-71 Cuda's and/or Challengers.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It looks very sweet, is it resin or die-cast? Maybe it is sits a bit high, or the wheels appear slightly larger. But I don't think this is a problem at all. The details look fantastic.

1/43 scale needs some great and detailed muscle cars, so this addition is very welcome. Unfortunately, prices of high-end 1/43 models are nowadays also high-end. :)

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
The car looks really nice but the price is a issue for me even if it was a AMX.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,928 Posts
and possibly some 1970-71 Cuda's and/or Challengers.

Any thoughts?
Those year model E-bodies have been done over and over and over. No company, however, has produced a '72-74 since Playart did this '73-74 Challenger in the late '70s to my knowledge:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Who is making these ?? I saw a listing that HWY 61 was going to make a 1/43 '69 Dart ..
I have purchased a few American Excellence 1/43 cars . They are resin & high detail . Making cars no one else does , such as 72 Torino , 72 Ranchero , 79 T-Bird , 73 Galaxie , 65 Pontiac , & lots more .. Unfortunately their prices seem to go up with each release . Were in the $60 range at first , now pushing $100 !

I agree that the popular muscle cars have been done to death .. I have enough Mustangs , Challengers , etc ....
1/43 is not a real big - popular scale in the USA ...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All comments are appreaciated, and will be passed on to DCP/Hwy 61. They din't tell us of any Darts thought. You share everything you know, and I'll share everyhing I know.

More comments from more collectors are truly welcomed...

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
From what I can see, it looks nice. But at $ 79.95, it is WAY overpriced ! There have been a lot of other 1:43 scale diecast that have better detail and cost a whole lot less.

From what I have observed over the years is that 1:43 scale is not that popular in the U.S.A. Yes there are people who collect and like 1:43, but it seems that people in the states prefer 1:24 or 1:18 scale.

Personally, I like 1:43 scale and have quite a few Mustangs and Shelbys in my collection. I would love to have more, but most of the prices are just too high. I can buy a new 1:24 Franklin or Danbury Mint diecast on eBay from a on-line dealer for less than most 1:43's cost.

Scott

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do thank all for the comments. We've decided to stay with mostly 1:18 cars at this time, although we do have some 1:24 scale too. Again, many thanks for the comments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts