Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I actually found the green/flamed wagon version at a Fred Meyers (kroger) last year. Cool casting, wish it sat lower like the F&F version. Same thing with the '70 Nova.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
This casting has been around a while. Here's an older premium one, I think?... can't remember if I changed the wheels on this or not, just going thru old pics...

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
41,022 Posts
The grey primer Fast & Furious casting looks so much different from the main line series design! Most of the 1:1s I remember from my school days did look more like the main lines though and did a lot of weekend racing!

The green one is a really nice color.

Interesting that the blue one is labeled with a Taxi tampo!

Reactions: samace22

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
If you really want to get nerdy about the Fast & Furious Chevelle's.. (I'm a big F&F nerd...)

In the movies, the primer gray one was in a race where it did a wheelie at the start of the race, the red one was just shown driving around.

They should be the opposite of above, the gray would have to be the jacked up one to do a wheelie, and the red should be more of the lowered one.

(..and they did put out the gray as more of a mainline one on a F&F card, and they also did the red as a premium F&F lowered.)

·
Registered
535 Posts
If you really want to get nerdy about the Fast & Furious Chevelle's.. (I'm a big F&F nerd...)

In the movies, the primer gray one was in a race where it did a wheelie at the start of the race, the red one was just shown driving around.

They should be the opposite of above, the gray would have to be the jacked up one to do a wheelie, and the red should be more of the lowered one.

(..and they did put out the gray as more of a mainline one on a F&F card, and they also did the red as a premium F&F lowered.)
The primer grey Chevelle in that movie is the same car as his initial red Chevelle, in the scene before the race he is shown painting the red Chevelle primer grey(not really sure why but sure). He later blows up this car in order to escape with his life.

A similar red with black stripes Chevelle is seen in later movies, the one where Dom goes "rogue" features one when Letty is sitting in it viewing a picture that was left in it's glove box. Always found it remarkably funny how cars they destroy in one movie will reappear in later movies, like the many black 1970 Chargers Dom has had.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Yeah, I remember those scenes now.... and I guess when it comes to the one doing a wheelie, I'm sure that was a one off modified one anyway.

Like someone said online, in the first movie, the iconic scene where the Charger does a burnout and a wheelie?... they say it would be one or the other, either doing a wheelie because it has a lot of traction, or a burnout because he lost traction, but not both

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, I remember those scenes now.... and I guess when it comes to the one doing a wheelie, I'm sure that was a one off modified one anyway.

Like someone said online, in the first movie, the iconic scene where the Charger does a burnout and a wheelie?... they say it would be one or the other, either doing a wheelie because it has a lot of traction, or a burnout because he lost traction, but not both
The only cars that can really do that are the "fuel" cars at NHRA events. Making around 11,000 horsepower out of 500 cubic inches, with a HEMI of course.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
6/10 236/250 N32. '70 Chevelle SS from the 2020 HW Screen Time, Fast & Furious packaged as pictured above. My example is free. Great red colour.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car

·
Premium Member
10,162 Posts
Nice ones you guys have congrats.👍 I have all of those in my hot wheels collection.👍

1 - 14 of 14 Posts