Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to keep the 1/43 scale forum active with a little variety.

This is a 1969 Triumph TR6 made by Schuco. It's from the Schuco Junior Line, and was purchased for $8.00 at a hobby store about a month ago. Another diecast car that was placed in a box that was forgotten about. :rolleyes:

It's nicely detailed for the $8.00 price.

 

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
Joined
·
8,413 Posts
Is that the only color?? I had a BRG 69... I loved/hated that car, probably one of my top 3 cars I ever had!!

Looks really good!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to get this car in BRG Rob. I was told it wasn't available. I really don't like the blue on this car, but for $8.00 I couldn't say no.

I also tried to get this car in red for a friend of mine that has a red TR6, but no luck there either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
Ah, old castings never die - I have a white TR6 with black hardtop, by Detail Cars. Detail are long gone, but their castings pop up here & there under other brand names, and I think, this is one of them. I'll try to remember to take a couple of pics of it, together with the version from Minichamps (different casting) w/o a hardtop & in British Racing Green.

Steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jinx said:
Ah, old castings never die - I have a white TR6 with black hardtop, by Detail Cars. Detail are long gone, but their castings pop up here & there under other brand names, and I think, this is one of them. I'll try to remember to take a couple of pics of it, together with the version from Minichamps (different casting) w/o a hardtop & in British Racing Green.

Steve
It would be nice to see the the TR6 made by others companies Steve.

I've seen Triumphs made by Spark, but they were the TR4a I believe. They were 4 times the cost of the Schuco. They were very detailed models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
STUTZ said:
It would be nice to see the the TR6 made by others companies Steve.

I've seen Triumphs made by Spark, but they were the TR4a I believe. They were 4 times the cost of the Schuco. They were very detailed models.
I'll try to photo my Spark TR4 tomorrow, as well as the TR6s. If you ask nicely, I'll also inflict the TR7 on you as well.........oh & Corgi's TR3A.....

Cheers,

Steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jinx said:
I'll try to photo my Spark TR4 tomorrow, as well as the TR6s. If you ask nicely, I'll also inflict the TR7 on you as well.........oh & Corgi's TR3A.....

Cheers,

Steve

I'd love to see pics of those cars Steve!

Please posts pics of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
I think that Schuco Junior TR-6 is a casting by Grani & Partners - or possibly High Speed. There was a very nice TR-3 casting by Jouef Evolution - a red '58 with black interior & even piping on the seats. Somewhere I've got a yellow plastic Norev TR-5 (TR-250 in the USA); I think that casting may have become an Eligor later.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ranchero said:
I think that Schuco Junior TR-6 is a casting by Grani & Partners - or possibly High Speed. There was a very nice TR-3 casting by Jouef Evolution - a red '58 with black interior & even piping on the seats. Somewhere I've got a yellow plastic Norev TR-5 (TR-250 in the USA); I think that casting may have become an Eligor later.
Thanks for the information on the Schuco Junior TR6 ranchero.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top