Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to announce today that after many failed attempts to trade for, or purchase at auction, a 1969 Impala Gold Series WL, today the Carnut Johnny Lightning Museum and Bar & Grill '69 Impala Wing has officially received possession of such an elusive prized jewel, the very last "missing link" in the entire Johnny Lightning 1969 Impala lineup.

Well, the regular JL '69 Impala line-up, that is, as Dad's Coronet so thoughtfully pointed out in another thread (That guy could suck the fun out of a stag party: "Hey, watch out with those tassles, lady, you could poke someone's eye out with that thing!!!").

Anyway, courtesy of a speedy response to a trade on the S&S board with Husker Paul, the much coveted Gold Series car (which seldom comes up on E Pay, and always fetches an alarming fee when it does!) is now ours, at the cost of a BWF Willys WL. Thanks for the deal and quick shipping, Paul! ;) :thumbsup: )

The Wing now has the regular and WL versions of the:
HP Chevy Top Down
HP Chevy Top Up
Chevy Thunder
Impala Parade
Holiday Classics
Gold Series

We'll post a group pic of all twelve as soon as possible.

Now the Impala Wing has to have a major fundraiser to go after the elusive Test Shot Impala that is rumored to exist.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, the Committee regrets that it forgot to mention the custom BWF '69 Impala it received, courtesy of Big John's Chevy, earlier in 2006! We hope to commission a custom PIP '69 Impala from the StupidSquirrel destoration company in the future, once they have relocated their facility. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem, you are correct sir!

Gotta dig out some of the earlier cars, and the newer ones are spread out all over the place :p

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
oh man, i envy you!!!!!!!! i have 6, and need 6 more!!!
I need the whites of the holiday, gold series, CHP top up, CT WL, Impala parade WL, and the regular Holiday!

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Now the Impala Wing has to have a major fundraiser to go after the elusive Test Shot Impala that is rumored to exist.

Oh.......... it's more than a rumor. It/they exist alright! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mr.Stubbs said:
Oh.......... it's more than a rumor. It/they exist alright! :thumbsup:
True, I have in fact even held one. If I ever turn to a life of crime, I know who's house I'm hitting first! ;) :lol:

·
Registered
972 Posts
:) Congrats! I have all of the regular 69's and the only white lightning I do have is the one from the Impala Parade release. Now, I have a 1:1 Impala Convertible, and a 1:1 Sport Coupe so, that means in the 1:1 collection, I am missing a Custom Coupe.......

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jimhowie2000 said:
:) Congrats! I have all of the regular 69's and the only white lightning I do have is the one from the Impala Parade release. Now, I have a 1:1 Impala Convertible, and a 1:1 Sport Coupe so, that means in the 1:1 collection, I am missing a Custom Coupe.......
An SS 427???? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Once I settle, I'd be pleased as punch to PIP each and every flavor if you like, provided you can supply the CHP/ top down, Holiday Classics, and Gold Series cars (I don't have dupes of the CHP or Gold Series and I've never even SEEN the Holiday Classic)
I'm praying HARD that we'll be settled by late April at the latest.
BTW, congrats on scoring the Gold Series WL.

Which WL do you have for me, Impala Parade right?

·
Registered
972 Posts
carnut2256 said:
An SS 427???? :thumbsup:
You mean the blue one? It is not a true SS427, just looks the part. I have always like the way those look so I made my standard Sport Coupe look like one. As for the convertible, my father and I pirated the hidden headlight system from a 69 Caprice about 26 years ago and added it on. I really would love to have the hidden headlight system on the coupe too but, no such luck! Here is a picture of the front of my 69 coupe.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
:devil: :devil: Hey! Watch it with those tassles, lady!!

Rich, if you behave, my people can talk to your people about an arrangement for a certain item to make a cameo appearance for a group shot! :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
sweet! Congrats Rich.
maybe someday that test shot will find its way to your doorstep. :)

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DadsCoronet said:
:devil: :devil: Hey! Watch it with those tassles, lady!!

Rich, if you behave, my people can talk to your people about an arrangement for a certain item to make a cameo appearance for a group shot! :cool: :cool:
As if you'd ever get to see that thing again! :wave: :wave: :wave: :tongue:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts