Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 53, I reminisce a lot about wonderful cars I raced or had the chance to have before my love for Camaros....The 67 and 68 Firebirds bring me memories of my High Schools days like it was today....Life wasn't easy for me but at lease I could come this close and still enjoy them like the real thing.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
That black one is really tight. There were about half a dozen of those at my High School. The only 400 was driven by a teacher. I di remember one had that OHC 6 and was the best looking of the bunch. If memory serves me right the rest were all 326 V-8's.:thumbsup:Thanks for the cruise down memory lane.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That black one is really tight. There were about half a dozen of those at my High School. The only 400 was driven by a teacher. I di remember one had that OHC 6 and was the best looking of the bunch. If memory serves me right the rest were all 326 V-8's.:thumbsup:Thanks for the cruise down memory lane.:thumbsup:
Thanks Carlos and am glad to have a Cruising partner and as for the 326 you're right about that and the 6 was a 230cu.in...the 400 was opitional 67 had 325 hp & 68 had 335 hp Ram-air.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great cars bro. And your right models like those do bring back a lot happy memories.
Indeed Dave!, its one of my reasons for returning to the diecast world back in 2009 to present. I collect anything that can bring me joy and realism since I can afford the real thing this works just fine for me....and also My plastic car models that I still have since the 60's too....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Nice models camaro75! :thumbsup:

I had a 1968 Firebird 400 HO 335 HP with 4:33 factory gears (I ordered the HO stipes as a delete option). I sold it awhile back to my neighbor, and he stills has it (he's the second owner, and the car is about 3 miles from my house currently).

I sold some Firebird parts that I still had in my garage about 2 months ago, and I still have Ram Air scoops and some badges along with some misc. parts.

These pictures were taken summer of 1968. Sorry for the poor quality (I scanned the pictures).

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
am blown out of my shoes...WOW!!!

WOW!!!!....Mr.Stutz, thanks for sharing these fine nostagic trip to memories lane buddy!.....You have no idea what this does for me (The pix are just great too so no worries pls)....I love it buddy! thanks again!....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Indeed Dave!, its one of my reasons for returning to the diecast world back in 2009 to present. I collect anything that can bring me joy and realism since I can afford the real thing this works just fine for me....and also My plastic car models that I still have since the 60's too....:thumbsup:

That is the reason for my Torino sub-collection. It brings back some fantastic memories and one very special one.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Indeed buddy and I feel ya!

That is the reason for my Torino sub-collection. It brings back some fantastic memories and one very special one.
Wow Dave thats great, there are so many cars that I love to either have, drive, race or race againest it....Best Friends, Family,High schools days, or the time we take our Father's car on a Friday night to race with.....Boy! Good times indeed!.....And now I have just about all of them in Plastic or Diecast model cars....Hoorah!.....:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts